Sneak takes off in chat menu

yo_Pat

All right, thats a much better description of the problem. From the first post the only thing one would understand is that you are sneaking and when you open the chat the sneaking is removed, which is normal behaviour. Instead the problem you are having is that: you activated the toogle mode for sneaking and then your character stays in the sneaking pose even when you open the chat, even if it should stand up. Is that right? Weird, i did a test and i am not experiencing that issue in 1.16.1..which version are you using? Your game is 100% vanilla, right? You are not using any external modification like datapacks

Edited by Beethoven92

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port

I play in 1.16.3, without datapack. And in fact it's the opposite when I open the chat that removes the squatting mode while if I launch an instance without forge in vanilla the squatting mode remains

Sorry for approximate English but I am a French user and I use google translate

Ok, i tried myself with vanilla 1.16.3, and the sneaking actually remains when i open the chat...but i would not call bug too soon, it may be an intended behaviour on mojang side

Edited by Beethoven92

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port