Draw Second Image On Top of Main GUI Texture

dperny

Hello, All!

As part of my mod, I draw a GUI with an image box in it. However, right now, the image is hard-drawn as part of the GUI texture. I'd like to have the image draw separately from the main GUI texture, so that I can easily add new images and change the active image. Furthermore, I'd like to be able to load new images into my mod without adding them to the source files, sort of like a texture pack.

Unfortunately, I'm not yet advanced enough to figure out any of these things. Does anybody have a suggestion as to how I can accomplish this? Can I draw two rectangles on the screen, or will I have to use some fancy advanced rendering technique?

Thank you in advance for your help, and I will be happy to provide any relevant images or source code upon request.

I know there is another method for drawing...

its something like drawTexturedModelRectFromIcon or something like that. It draws where you specify, and the Icon you specify. That might help, I have never really played around with it to see how it works...

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

Look at the furnace gui code. It binds the furnace gui texture, but that texture has both the normal gui along with overlays. You simply specify the area you want to be the normal gui, then specify the areas that are overlays and draw them on. The furnace gui code is fairly simple to understand.

Read my thoughts on my summer mod work and tell me what you think!

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,8396.0.html

I absolutely love her when she smiles

Look at the furnace gui code. It binds the furnace gui texture, but that texture has both the normal gui along with overlays. You simply specify the area you want to be the normal gui, then specify the areas that are overlays and draw them on. The furnace gui code is fairly simple to understand.

I see how the furnace code works and that's closer to what I need. However, I want to overlay to come from a different source file.

I'm really sorry that I'm not clear with my question and I really appreciate all of the help.