[1.16.3] Custom Flower Generation In Vanilla Biomes

Peerius

Hello,

I have problems updating my flower generation to 1.16.3. As already mentioned in the topic, I want to make my custom flower generate in some vanilla biomes. Here is my code: 

public static void setupFlowerGeneration() {
		for(Biome biome: ForgeRegistries.BIOMES) {
			if(biome==ForgeRegistries.BIOMES.getValue(new ResourceLocation("savanna"))){
				BiomeGenerationSettings.Builder GENERATION_SETTINGS = (new BiomeGenerationSettings.Builder()).func_242519_a(biome.func_242440_e().func_242500_d());
				GENERATION_SETTINGS.func_242513_a(GenerationStage.Decoration.VEGETAL_DECORATION, BiomeFeatures.HEART_FLOWER);
			}
		}
	}

My BiomeFeatures.HEART_FLOWER looks like this:

public static final ConfiguredFeature<?, ?> HEART_FLOWER = register("heart_flower", Feature.RANDOM_PATCH.withConfiguration((new BlockClusterFeatureConfig.Builder((new WeightedBlockStateProvider()).addWeightedBlockstate(BlockList.heart_flower.getDefaultState(), 2), new SimpleBlockPlacer())).tries(64).build()).withPlacement(Placement.TOP_SOLID_HEIGHTMAP.configure(new NoPlacementConfig())));
	 private static <FC extends IFeatureConfig> ConfiguredFeature<FC, ?> register(String key, ConfiguredFeature<FC, ?> feature)
	    {
	        return Registry.register(WorldGenRegistries.field_243653_e, new ResourceLocation(DeepAffection.modid, key), feature);
	    }

I also already tested: The setupFlowerGeneration() method gets called and also the if gets called, but somehow my flowers don't generate.

By the way - I can see on github of other people that their methods have clear names while mine always only have those func_1231411513 names. Does anyone know why I have this?

I hope someone can help me - Thank you in advance. :) 

On 9/26/2020 at 8:26 PM, ChampionAsh5357 said:

That's not how biomes are handled anymore. You need to apply it via BiomeLoadingEvent. Also, the register to WorldGenRegistries is a bit pointless as you are attaching it to the biome directly after it has been created.

Okay. Do I have to register my ConfiguredFeature somewhere else or am I able to use it without registering?

• 8 months later...