ServerPlayerEntity in Event

urbanxx001

I have a RightClickEmpty event that needs to pass the server player into a method from an item class. However, event.getPlayer() only returns the client player. I heard that it should be done with packet handlers then, is that right? Alternatively, I could achieve the same thing with the onArmorTick method in the item class. But for that I would need to detect right clicking, which doesn't seem possible without an event. 

Edited by urbanxx001

It's not for interacting with another entity though, which is why I'm using PlayerInteractEvent$RightClickEmpty. Or are you recommending the other two methods as they can access ServerPlayerEntity? My main issue is getting the server player. I can already get the slot from player.getItemStackFromSlot(EquipmentSlotType.CHEST);

Edited by urbanxx001

Ah, I'm sorry. I'm quite tired and misread for some reason. So yes, you would need a packet setup. As the javadoc says, 'The server is not aware of when the client right clicks empty space with an empty hand, you will need to tell the server yourself.' However, I'm assuming this handles only the case when there is no item in the hand while the armor is on. You would also need to hook into RightClickItem to cover all use cases. However, that one is called on the server. So you can create a separate method to call the packet instance and the other event instance from.

• Thanks 1