Chest Add-on not working

InTheRiches

I followed a coding tutorial for forge a couple weeks ago and I feel I am quite experienced with forge and the way it works. But the only thing I don't know how to do is create a chest, and i have been trying to debug for hours and I just can't seem to figure out what is wrong. If you know or could help, that would be greatly appreciated! 

Here is the gist - https://gist.github.com/InTheRiches/f85a22e2fe3c02128ae4f4359a8846ba

2 minutes ago, InTheRiches said:

Also, if you know of a way I could properly learn how to do this or a tutorial you know of that would be amazing!

The docs although not fully updated yet, provides a good place to start. Other than that, I would just recommend asking questions or looking at the source. Sometimes viewing open source projects or videos is good, but take those with a grain of salt as they usually contain some bad practices or just inefficient code in general. Note that you are expected to know Java as that will usually go unexplained from most answers.

9 minutes ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

The docs although not fully updated yet, provides a good place to start. Other than that, I would just recommend asking questions or looking at the source. Sometimes viewing open source projects or videos is good, but take those with a grain of salt as they usually contain some bad practices or just inefficient code in general. Note that you are expected to know Java as that will usually go unexplained from most answers.

Thank you! I am a beginner with java and started during quarintine but I feel I have a good understanding, thank you for the advice!