[1.15.2] Dynamic Recipes

Purplicious_Cow

Hello Forge friends. Long time. I'm finally updating my mods to 1.15.x (and up), and have run into an issue with one of the features in Inventory Pets, which dynamically determined which recipe set the player saw based on a config value (thereby increasing the difficulty of game by using harder to find ingredients). 

I see that we can no longer use the 'remove' feature from the Registry. And I see williewillus' note in his super-valuable primer that super dynamic recipes still haven't been implemented in 1.14/1.15.x (not sure if that's the same thing). 

The one idea I came up with was to restrict a set of recipes to be based on an advancement which is would be unlocked after checking config settings. Probably not the best experience. Am I missing another method? 

Thanks for any assistance. 

Purp

Use the ConditionalRecipe system. You can add a condition to make it determine whether to allow based on the config, recommended you use data generators for this as the recipes are easier to create using that, especially conditional ones. However, you will need to reload the recipe datapack if you plan to change the config value on the fly during runtime.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Use the ConditionalRecipe system. You can add a condition to make it determine whether to allow based on the config, recommended you use data generators for this as the recipes are easier to create using that, especially conditional ones. However, you will need to reload the recipe datapack if you plan to change the config value on the fly during runtime.

Nice! Yes, I think I can use this. Will report back if I run into issues/questions.