[SOLVED][SLOTS][1.5.1] limitations to only accept blocks

rasmustof

so i know that when limitating the slot to only accept item you need this code:

@Override
    public boolean isItemValid(ItemStack par1ItemStack) {
            if (par1ItemStack != null)
           {
                    Item item = par1ItemStack.getItem();
                    return item != null && item == EsteticsPLUS.HydrocroconyxIngot;
            }
            return false;
    }

but how can i do the same thing with blocks so it only accepts  blocks and not items

I don't know howto do this exactly, butyou have to do something like:

@Override

public boolean isItemvalid(ItemStack par1ItemStack) {

if(par1ItemStack !=null)

{

if(par1ItemStack instanceof Block)

{

return true;

}

return false;

}

}

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

You actually need to do:

@Override
    public boolean isItemValid(ItemStack stack) {
            if (stack != null && stack.getItem() != null && Block.blocksList[stack.getItem().itemID] != null)
           {
                    return true;
            }
            return false;
    }

Or

@Override
    if(par1ItemStack !=null)
    {
         if(par1ItemStack.getItem() instanceof Block)
        {
             return true;
        }
        return false;
    }
}

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Or

@Override
    if(par1ItemStack !=null)
    {
        {
             return true;
        }
        return false;
    }
}

this method doesnt work ...

You actually need to do:

@Override
            if (stack != null && stack.getItem() != null && Block.blocksList[stack.getItem().itemID] != null)
           {
                    return true;
            }
            return false;
    }

but how do i actually define that only blocks cacn be accepted currently this accepts evrything ...

but how do i actually define that only blocks cacn be accepted currently this accepts evrything ...

If Block.blocksList[stack.getItem().itemID] is returning null, that means that the item is not a block, ergo if its not null it must be a block.  Ergo allow it (return true).

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

@Override
    if(par1ItemStack !=null)
    {
        {
             return true;
        }
    }
    return false;
}

-Fixed. It didn't work because of the return statement. I haven't actually tried to do this, but it should work.

Read my thoughts on my summer mod work and tell me what you think!

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,8396.0.html

I absolutely love her when she smiles

If Block.blocksList[stack.getItem().itemID] is returning null, that means that the item is not a block, ergo if its not null it must be a block.  Ergo allow it (return true).

Actually, I feel like this would give array out of bounds errors if you were looking at an item. The blocksList array only has 4096 spaces and item id's go far higher than that, so wouldn't that end up giving you out of bound errors if it isn't a block?

Actually, I feel like this would give array out of bounds errors if you were looking at an item. The blocksList array only has 4096 spaces and item id's go far higher than that, so wouldn't that end up giving you out of bound errors if it isn't a block?

Probably, but you could check for it.  (i.e. && getItem().itemID < 4096...)

but your code doesnt work .... it makes it so evrything is accepted

if you want it so only blocks can be placed in it, you need a custom slot.

if you want it so only blocks can be placed in it, you need a custom slot.

and thats why i have a custom slot look here:

package EsteticsPLUS;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.inventory.IInventory;
import net.minecraft.inventory.Slot;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;

;

public class SlotTraider3 extends Slot {

public SlotTraider3(IInventory par1iInventory, int par2, int par3, int par4) {
        super(par1iInventory, par2, par3, par4);

}

@Override
            if (Block.blocksList[stack.getItem().itemID] != null)
           {
                    return true;
            }
            else return false;

}

}

Use:

@Override
    if(par1ItemStack !=null)
    {
        {
             return true;
        }
    }
    return false;
}

you could always do this

try{
           {
                    return true;
            }
}catch(Exception e){
            return false;
}
    }

Dirty hacks version. THIS WORKS. I went in and tried it myself because everything else people are suggesting somehow doesn't work.

@Override
    	if(par1ItemStack !=null)
    	{
    		if(par1ItemStack.itemID < Block.blocksList.length && Block.blocksList[par1ItemStack.itemID] != null &&
    			!Block.blocksList[par1ItemStack.itemID].getLocalizedName().equals("tile.ForgeFiller.name"))
    		{
    			return true;
    		}
    	}
    	return false;
    }

Dirty hacks version. THIS WORKS. I went in and tried it myself because everything else people are suggesting somehow doesn't work.

@Override
    	if(par1ItemStack !=null)
    	{
    		if(par1ItemStack.itemID < Block.blocksList.length && Block.blocksList[par1ItemStack.itemID] != null &&
    			!Block.blocksList[par1ItemStack.itemID].getLocalizedName().equals("tile.ForgeFiller.name"))
    		{
    			return true;
    		}
    	}
    	return false;
    }

thanks for finally making something that works :P

thanks for finally making something that works :P

I have absolutely no idea why nothing else would work. I went in and tried it and I just tried different things until I found something items failed at. Haha.

But, be warned that this is probably not a good solution. I don't know a good solution, but this seems very sketchy to me. It seems to work, but I can't guarantee it continuing to work, so in spare time you may want to look into finding a different solution.