Custom Ore Generation

myounge

I wanted to made Custom Ore and I make a new ore.

I want to gen it.

I found this  

At here 8:50, There are CountRangeConfig and my intellij doesn't suggest me to use that

package com.frost.frost.world.gen;

import com.frost.frost.Frost;
import com.frost.frost.blocks.FrozeOre;
import net.minecraft.block.BlockState;
import net.minecraft.world.biome.Biome;
import net.minecraft.world.gen.feature.OreFeatureConfig;
import net.minecraftforge.eventbus.api.SubscribeEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.event.lifecycle.FMLLoadCompleteEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistries;

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber(modid = Frost.MOD_ID, bus = Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus.MOD)
public class ModOreGen {

@SubscribeEvent
    public static void generateOres(FMLLoadCompleteEvent event){
        for (Biome biome : ForgeRegistries.BIOMES){

//Nether Gen
            if (biome.getCategory() == Biome.Category.NETHER) {

}
            //End Gen
            else if (biome.getCategory() == Biome.Category.THEEND){
            }
            //Overworld Gen
            else {
            }
        }

}

private static void genOre(Biome biome, int count, int bottomOffSet, int topOffset, int max, OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType filler, BlockState defaultBlockState, int size){
        CountRangeConfig
    }
}

How do I fix it

Hey i have been doing the same i been working backwards to find all the different inputs of the "boime.addfeature" functionality. Sorry if i am going at this wrong... i am new to coding in java. Here is what i found.

private static void genOre(Biome biome, int count, int bottomOffset, int topOffset, int max, RuleTest filler, BlockState defualtBlockstate,int size){
        IPlacementConfig range =;
        ConfiguredPlacement config = Placement.field_242903_g.configure(range);
        OreFeatureConfig feature = new OreFeatureConfig(filler, defualtBlockstate, size);
        biome.func_242427_a(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES,Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(feature).withPlacement(config));
    }
}

So firstly biome.addFeature is func_242427 in 1.16.3 ( I don't know if this is the same for you but it is what i have) it takes in the generation stage which is same as the video.  Then the Feature.Ore.Oreconfig(feature) which is same as the video, as well as the with placement which is the same as the video. But CountRangeConfig functionality probably has changed to something else like the biome.addFeature has change to func_242427 (ignore the IPlacementConfig i haven't looked into it yet but i am going through the code of everything related to withPlacement).

Sadly i have to call it a day before i worked out what range is needed to be I hope this help you or someone else find the solution to this or just teach me i am doing it wrong for a vaild reason.

If you have further questions please ask i will get back as soon as i can.

Problematic Code 11. If you would like example implementations, look at the Features class. You will notice that there are some helper methods for placements as there can be multiple assigned to the same feature. Therefore, you can have a placement that handles the amount generate, the spread across the chunk, the height level in the chunk, etc. Do note that their order is important.

Second, do not use the above tutorial as a reference. It's outdated and uses terrible practices. It's better to just ask questions and infer from your own knowledge of Java than to follow someone else line by line.

7 hours ago, MkUltra said:

Hey i have been doing the same i been working backwards to find all the different inputs of the "boime.addfeature" functionality. Sorry if i am going at this wrong... i am new to coding in java. Here is what i found.

private static void genOre(Biome biome, int count, int bottomOffset, int topOffset, int max, RuleTest filler, BlockState defualtBlockstate,int size){
        OreFeatureConfig feature = new OreFeatureConfig(filler, defualtBlockstate, size);
        biome.func_242427_a(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES,Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(feature).withPlacement(config));
    }
}

So firstly biome.addFeature is func_242427 in 1.16.3 ( I don't know if this is the same for you but it is what i have) it takes in the generation stage which is same as the video.  Then the Feature.Ore.Oreconfig(feature) which is same as the video, as well as the with placement which is the same as the video. But CountRangeConfig functionality probably has changed to something else like the biome.addFeature has change to func_242427 (ignore the IPlacementConfig i haven't looked into it yet but i am going through the code of everything related to withPlacement).

Sadly i have to call it a day before i worked out what range is needed to be I hope this help you or someone else find the solution to this or just teach me i am doing it wrong for a vaild reason.

I can't find biome.func_242427

Look for biome.addFeature or similar, then.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

On 10/22/2020 at 5:07 AM, MkUltra said:

}
}

biome.generateFeatures (GenationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES, Feature.ORE.withConfiguration).withPlacement();
If you put config in 'Placement', you will get an error.

I want to fix it

1 hour ago, myounge said:

you will get an error

And what's the error?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

On 10/21/2020 at 11:18 PM, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Problematic Code 11. If you would like example implementations, look at the Features class. You will notice that there are some helper methods for placements as there can be multiple assigned to the same feature. Therefore, you can have a placement that handles the amount generate, the spread across the chunk, the height level in the chunk, etc. Do note that their order is important.

Second, do not use the above tutorial as a reference. It's outdated and uses terrible practices. It's better to just ask questions and infer from your own knowledge of Java than to follow someone else line by line.

Hey Champion,

Thanks for the help so far i been looking into the Features class. Here is an example of ore_iron from that class. I am just struggling with how to implement this with the forge hook of BiomeloadingEvent is there as i wouldn't want to use biome.func_242427 / "addFeature" ?

public static final ConfiguredFeature<?, ?> field_243898_br = func_243968_a("ore_iron", Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.field_241882_a, Features.States.field_244046_aj, 9)).func_242733_d(64).func_242728_a().func_242731_b(20));

Biomes are final classes now. The event hooks into the construction process of the biomes and hijacks it's creation allowing for extra entries or fields in the builders to be set. So, the builder contains the methods to add the features.

Also, you do not need to register the ConfiguredFeature. That's more for getting the JSON generated ones to grab the feature for the specific biome.

Finally, Problematic Code 1. You cannot be certain that the feature is present when constructing a static version of ConfiguredFeature. If your class is loaded before the Features are registered, then it will be problematic. This is not to mention the registries might be frozen at that point. However, this is irrelevant as you do not need to register it. This is just for future case.