Mobs reacting to Judebox

HieroDrimm

OK So I'm new and I'm trying to make hoglins dance when they hear pigstep from jukebox and i cant find out how to do it.

My idea is: Every tick if jukebox is playing disc and this disc is pigstep it checks if in X blocks radius the is a hoglin and if so set hoglin state to custom dance state.

Unfortunately I cant find list of event state to help me out and documentation shows only so much.

Maybe that I'm just stupid and cant find the obvious but if any one likes to point me to direction I would be grateful

2 hours ago, HieroDrimm said:

OK So I'm new and I'm trying to make hoglins dance when they hear pigstep from jukebox and i cant find out how to do it.

I don't think hoglins have a built-in 'dance state', so you would have to do the dance animation yourself. How would you even make a boar dance? Shaking its head? :)

Edited by vemerion

43 minutes ago, BlockyPenguin said:

Isn't there a thing where they stand on their hind legs and shimmy? Or was that scrapped...

I just googled it and saw this video. Had a good chuckle (but yeah that is not in the game).

Edit: Gz on your 100th post BlockyPenguin. Perhaps the Hoglins are dancing for you :)

Edited by vemerion
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, vemerion said:

I just googled it and saw this video. Had a good chuckle (but yeah that is not in the game).

Ah, shame. Glad it brought you a laugh though!

Also, back to OP's post, not sure how relevant it is, but any LivingEntity has two methods: isPartying and setPartying. It's what parrots use for jukebox detection. Hope it helps!

Edited by BlockyPenguin
  • Like 1

Today (22/10/20) I reached 100 posts!

I'm probably more excited than I should be for something so realistically minor...

On 10/22/2020 at 4:42 PM, BlockyPenguin said:

Also, back to OP's post, not sure how relevant it is, but any LivingEntity has two methods: isPartying and setPartying. It's what parrots use for jukebox detection. Hope it helps!

It does but I was looking for something like a  list of every state for any entity. I dont want to be restricted to asking around next time I dont know something, or even (lord forbid) searching in code. Until now I learned by tutorials but they dont show everything :( . Do you use some documentation? I searched in this site's doc but I cant find a good list just examples

There's no such thing afaik. But you can try to find them yourself, for example you want to know how does Parrots handle jukeboxes, you may want to look into ParrotEntity, if you want to know how chicken drops egg, you look into ChickenEntity, it is usually pretty straight forward.

Edited by poopoodice

12 hours ago, poopoodice said:

There's no such thing afaik. But you can try to find them yourself, for example you want to know how does Parrots handle jukeboxes, you may want to look into ParrotEntity, if you want to know how chicken drops egg, you look into ChickenEntity, it is usually pretty straight forward.

This is no good news but thank you