CLOSED:How to get Private Value?

Crazy_sheep

I guess you should find some other hobby then.

Because programming is work.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Cool.

I did this in a week.

https://draco18s.itch.io/time-slicing-sword

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

If only there was some documentation in the ObfuscationReflectionHelper class

1 hour ago, Draco18s said:

If only there was some documentation in the ObfuscationReflectionHelper class

yeah because documentations(not forums(because forums is the best)) on forge are really bad to be for real this is all i can find for documentations

https://www.programcreek.com/java-api-examples/?class=net.minecraftforge.fml.common.ObfuscationReflectionHelper&method=getPrivateValue

https://skmedix.github.io/ForgeJavaDocs/javadoc/forge/1.9.4-12.17.0.2051/net/minecraftforge/fml/common/ObfuscationReflectionHelper.html

https://www.codota.com/code/java/methods/net.minecraftforge.fml.common.ObfuscationReflectionHelper/setPrivateValue

https://www.codota.com/code/java/classes/net.minecraftforge.fml.common.ObfuscationReflectionHelper

this is all i can find

EDIT: i found another command to change the boolean its called setPrivateValue not get but set

Edited by Crazy_sheep

All Forge javadoc is inside the class on each method.  All you have to do is open up the file in your IDE.

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/blob/638d1d31deabd8a83cf4b84496549703bc527ab4/src/main/java/net/minecraftforge/fml/common/ObfuscationReflectionHelper.java#L67-L83

Edited by Draco18s

https://www.jetbrains.com/help/decompiler/Navigation_and_Search__Go_to_Declaration.html#c654

Among other ways. Use Google to ask questions like "how do I view source for this?"

Edited by Draco18s

Why do you need that field?

Seriously.. there is a getter

public boolean isCharged() {
      return this.dataManager.get(POWERED);
   }

If you want to set it to true, just do what vanilla does and strike it with lightning.

You could also probably set the data manager directly via id, or using the readFromNBT function. There are many ways to do it.

Either way everyone else is correct you need to understand the basics of java and what classes and methods are.

Also POWERED is not a boolean its a DataParameter. So you wouldnt set it, you'd just get it and then use it to set the dataManager entry.

So ya, there are MANY ways you can do this, all of them are fairly well documented and could easily be found by understanding the basics of java and the things people in this thread have said.

Next time you try and tackle a subject, describe what you want to do, not how you want to do it.

You dont need to set/get a proviate value, you just want to make a creeper charged or not.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

8 hours ago, LexManos said:

Why do you need that field?

Seriously.. there is a getter

but we need a setter

8 hours ago, LexManos said:

If you want to set it to true, just do what vanilla does and strike it with lightning.

that has unwanted side effects

9 hours ago, LexManos said:

You could also probably set the data manager directly via id

how ??

9 hours ago, LexManos said:

You dont need to set/get a proviate value, you just want to make a creeper charged or not.

he needs the DataParameter and that is private

Showing what you tried involves showing your code to us.

So we can read it. We're not telepathic.

Edited by Draco18s

40 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

I asked because loordgek asked you to show what you have tried and you have not done that.

i showed where the first error came from

@Draco18sok here is the code from the events class

package com.example.examplemod.event;

import com.example.examplemod.ExampleMod;
import net.minecraft.entity.monster.CreeperEntity;
import net.minecraft.network.datasync.DataParameter;
import net.minecraft.world.World;
import net.minecraftforge.event.entity.EntityJoinWorldEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.eventbus.api.SubscribeEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod;

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber(modid = ExampleMod.MOD_ID, bus = Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus.FORGE)
public class Event {
    public static DataParameter<Boolean> e; //I FIXED IT YAY
    @SubscribeEvent
    public void onspawn(EntityJoinWorldEvent e, World world) {
    CreeperEntity creeper = (CreeperEntity) e.getEntity();
    if (creeper instanceof CreeperEntity) {

}
    }
}

You ignored everything we told you to do and just clicked the Eclipse quickfixes until your errors went away.

bro... i dont use Eclipse i use intellij and i did not do quickfixes that e was just a fast test if that worked as a name(and i am trying to make a doom mod lol)

Edited by Crazy_sheep

package com.example.examplemod.event;

import com.example.examplemod.ExampleMod;
import net.minecraft.entity.monster.CreeperEntity;
import net.minecraft.network.datasync.DataParameter;
import net.minecraft.network.datasync.EntityDataManager;
import net.minecraft.world.World;
import net.minecraftforge.event.entity.EntityJoinWorldEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.eventbus.api.SubscribeEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.ObfuscationReflectionHelper;

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber(modid = ExampleMod.MOD_ID, bus = Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus.FORGE)
// filename: Main.java
class Test {
    static int i;
    int j;

// start of static block
    static {
        i = 10;
        ObfuscationReflectionHelper.getPrivateValue(CreeperEntity.class, null,"field_184714_b");
    }
    // end of static block
}

public class Event {
    public static DataParameter<Boolean> test; //I FIXED IT YAY
    @SubscribeEvent
    public void onspawn(EntityJoinWorldEvent e, World world) {
    CreeperEntity creeper = (CreeperEntity) e.getEntity();
    if (creeper instanceof CreeperEntity) {
        EntityDataManager // i am stuck here now
        }
    }