[1.16.3] Custom Animations?

OrcaWorld

Is someone knows how to make custom animations for entity? Not model , just add animations for that. I can make animations for entity model in Blockbench but I need to add them for mob in game. 

In the topic you can find my whale that got animations. If someone knows how to make custom animations , please write me.

gif.gif

Custom animations are handled through values stored on the entity model specifically for the client. Then the values are interpolated such that there is a smooth animation between ticks. Doing this by hand takes a lot of calculation, time, and effort. The other way would be to find a library that supports making animations in one form or another. One of these libraries is GeckoLib which is integrated into Blockbench.

37 minutes ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Custom animations are handled through values stored on the entity model specifically for the client. Then the values are interpolated such that there is a smooth animation between ticks. Doing this by hand takes a lot of calculation, time, and effort. The other way would be to find a library that supports making animations in one form or another. One of these libraries is GeckoLib which is integrated into Blockbench.

Sure , I used Blockbench to make animations. But Intellij didn't expect them (it's writes "Unable to sumbit symbhol"). So I wanna to find answer to my queston - how to load animations for my entity?

9 minutes ago, OrcaWorld said:

Sure , I used Blockbench to make animations.

If you used Blockbench to make animations, then you would need to follow the documentation provided by GeckoLib as that's what you are asking for. This would be unrelated to forge unless you did the interpolation route, which is not supported by Blockbench.