Changing the perception speed of the player client side

PCDCreeper

Hey there guys!

I'm making a combat-style mod that has ridiculously high speed combat (think superhuman reflexes stuff).

I wanted a level system for a sort of "reflex level" or something, and I have a general idea for how to do that, but I want the player to have the ability to change their perception speed based on that level (like in superhot, when you slow down time).

My first idea is creating a potion effect to handle all of this, and use the levels for that, but how does one actually go about changing the time speed of minecraft at all, let alone syncing it to a server??? I found a mod that does something kind of like this, by changing the tickrate of the game, should I be trying to do the same? 

Is this even possible?

A nudge in the right direction would help.

Independent time streams are quite difficult as technically, each player would need it's own server thread that can scale at will and then playback to the main server thread such that the information can be synced correctly. There are problems with this though because then you get into the paradox of changing the past and not knowing what yet happens in the future with other players. You can slow the main clock time, but all players will be affected whenever this occurs. So, there's not really a good way of making a multiplayer version of this viable. Possible, anything really is with enough thought. However, viability is not something I would recommend in any case unless this was for singleplayer only. Apologies if this wasn't the answer you were looking for.

57 minutes ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Independent time streams are quite difficult as technically, each player would need it's own server thread that can scale at will and then playback to the main server thread such that the information can be synced correctly. There are problems with this though because then you get into the paradox of changing the past and not knowing what yet happens in the future with other players. You can slow the main clock time, but all players will be affected whenever this occurs. So, there's not really a good way of making a multiplayer version of this viable. Possible, anything really is with enough thought. However, viability is not something I would recommend in any case unless this was for singleplayer only. Apologies if this wasn't the answer you were looking for.

This is, in fact, what I was looking for. It seems this might be a long project, so I'll implement this last!