[1.16.3] Help with network message

TehStoneMan

I have a TileEntity with a custom capability that changes the texture. I have a GUI where the texture can be changed.

When the texture is updated, I would like to send a message to any player in the area to re-render the TileEntity with the new texture.

I have a message with the required information, but how do I send it?

NETWORK.send( PacketDistributor.???.with( () -> ??? ), new UpdateConfigMessage( pos, this ) )

You might find this working example useful

https://github.com/TheGreyGhost/MinecraftByExample/tree/master/src/main/java/minecraftbyexample/mbe60_network_messages

The relevant bit is 

StartupCommon.simpleChannel.sendToServer(airstrikeMessageToServer);

in ItemAirStrike class

and for sending to clients

// This message is called from the Server thread.
  //   It spawns a random number of the given projectile at a position above the target location
  static void processMessage(AirstrikeMessageToServer message, ServerPlayerEntity sendingPlayer)
  {
    // 1) First send a message to all other clients who are in the same dimension, to tell them to render a "target"
    //      effect on the ground
    // There are a number of other PacketDistributor types defined for other cases, for example
    // Sending to one player
    //    simpleChannel.send(PacketDistributor.PLAYER.with(playerMP), new MyMessage());
    //
    // Send to all players tracking this chunk
    //    simpleChannel.send(PacketDistributor.TRACKING_CHUNK.with(chunk), new MyMessage());
    //
    // Sending to all connected players
    //    simpleChannel.send(PacketDistributor.ALL.noArg(), new MyMessage());

TargetEffectMessageToClient msg = new TargetEffectMessageToClient(message.getTargetCoordinates());
    RegistryKey<World> playerDimension = sendingPlayer.func_241141_L_();  // func_241141_L_ is getPlayerDimension
    StartupCommon.simpleChannel.send(PacketDistributor.DIMENSION.with(() -> playerDimension), msg);

-TGG

Edited by TheGreyGhost
cut short

It doesn't quite work - I don't have access to the player. But I can access the TileEntity that the capability is attached to.

public TileEntityReinforcedChest()
	{
		super( BetterStorageTileEntityTypes.REINFORCED_CHEST.get() );
		config = new HexKeyConfig()
		{
			@Override
			protected void onContentsChanged( int slot )
			{
				TileEntityReinforcedChest.this.markDirty();
				BetterStorage.NETWORK.send( PacketDistributor.DIMENSION.with( () -> ??? ), new UpdateConfigMessage( pos, this ) );
			}
		};
	}