[Solved] [1.16.4] How to spawn an entity?

Kragast

I need to spawn an entity in the world, but i can't found any information how to do this in 1.16.4. I tryed with a pig, but i couldn't :((
Tell me, please, how to do that

@SubscribeEvent
	public static void onKeyPress(InputEvent.KeyInputEvent event) {
		int key = event.getKey();
		int action = event.getAction();
		if ((key == 93) && (action == 1)) {
			System.out.print("KEY IS DOWN!\n");
			PlayerEntity player = Minecraft.getInstance().player;
			World world = player.getEntityWorld();
			world.setBlockState(player.getPosition().add(0, -1, 0), Block.getStateById(1))

// spawn a mob here

}
	}

Edited by Kragast

World#addEntity is what you are searching for..though keep in mind you spawn entities on server side, not client. Also, for the future, when you are trying to do something like that (spawning entity), which vanilla has lot of example to look at, i suggest looking into vanilla code to see if you can find the way yourself. For example, in this case, a good point to start searching would have been spawn eggs, because, as you may know very well, they add entities to the world

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port

You can't such things on client (spawning entities), you need a packet to process the action on server.

Block.getStateById(1)

So does block adding/removing, you need to do that on server, also don't use numerical id to get blocks, items..etc.

You can check how vanilla egg, snowball like items creates projectile entities when right clicked.

Edited by poopoodice

5 minutes ago, Beethoven92 said:

World#addEntity is what you are searching for..though keep in mind you spawn entities on server side, not client. Also, for the future, when you are trying to do something like that (spawning entity), which vanilla has lot of example to look at, i suggest looking into vanilla code to see if you can find the way yourself. For example, in this case, a good point to start searching would have been spawn eggs, because, as you may know very well, they add entities to the world

I've copied vanilla code and then my minecraft crashed :D

How can I summon entity in specific coordinates? I could change this later, but addEntity returns boolean, not Entity.

Edited by Kragast

If you're making a mod that changes camera position, why do you need to add an entity?

23 minutes ago, Kragast said:

world.setBlockState(player.getPosition().add(0, -1, 0), Block.getStateById(1))

You can't do this on client.

Edited by Danebi

10 minutes ago, Danebi said:

If you're making a mod that changes camera position, why do you need to add an entity?

You can't do this on client.

Because I want to setRenderViewEntity to my dummy entity.

When I place the block in my world, it works.

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber(modid = FreeCam.MOD_ID, bus = Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus.FORGE, value = Dist.CLIENT)
public class ModClientEvents {

@SubscribeEvent
	public static void onKeyPress(InputEvent.KeyInputEvent event) {}

}

29 minutes ago, Kragast said:

When I place the block in my world, it works.

It "works" temporarily, and just for you. The block appears to be there (only in your client) but it actually doesn't exist for the server world. Example..creating an explosion on the client side makes blocks disappear visually, but in fact they are still there and you can still collide with them, just unload/reload the chunk or exit/re enter the world, and you will see that everything is back in its original place like nothing ever happened (and in fact this is the point)..try it youself if you don't believe me

Edited by Beethoven92

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port

27 minutes ago, Beethoven92 said:

It "works" temporarily, and just for you. The block appears to be there (only in your client) but it actually doesn't exist for the server world. Example..creating an explosion on the client side makes blocks disappear visually, but in fact they are still there and you can still collide with them, just unload/reload the chunk or exit/re enter the world, and you will see that everything is back in its original place like nothing ever happened (and in fact this is the point)..try it youself if you don't believe me

Yes, it is so.
Now I don't understand, how then I can connect Client-Side-Keyboard-Input with server interactions. Should I send packages?

2 hours ago, poopoodice said:

You can't such things on client (spawning entities), you need a packet to process the action on server.

So does block adding/removing, you need to do that on server, also don't use numerical id to get blocks, items..etc.

You can check how vanilla egg, snowball like items creates projectile entities when right clicked.