ClientRegistry.bindTileEntity question

poboy975

Hello, I'm working on learning to mod. I do know a bit of java and c#. I'm looking for help updating the bond tile entity. The top section was me trying to update the bottom line. The bottom line works in 1.15. I've not found the right information yet to help me understand the changes in versions. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Attempt to update:

ClientRegistry.bindTileEntityRenderer((TileEntity<ModTypeTile>) ObjHandler.MOD_TYPE_TILE = RegistryEvent.Register("ModTypeTile", () -> TileEntityType.Builder(new ModTypeRenderer(new ResourceLocation(Mod.MODID, "textures/blocks/mod_item.png", ));

Original Code 1.15:

ClientRegistry.bindTileEntityRenderer((TileEntity<ModTypeTile>) ObjHandler.MOD_TYPE_TILE, dispatcher -> new ModTypeRenderer(dispatcher, new ResourceLocation(Mod.MODID, "textures/blocks/mod_item.png"), block -> block == ObjHandler.modtype));

RegistryEvent.Register("ModTypeTile", () -> TileEntityType.Builder(new ModTypeRenderer(new ResourceLocation(Mod.MODID, "textures/blocks/mod_item.png", )); 

This is not how you register a tile entity type, and the bindTileEntityRenderer method is not the place where you would want to register a registry object. I suggest taking a look at the docs regarding tile entity creation: https://mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tileentities/tileentity/

Also use your IDE to see what the bindTileEntityRenderer method accepts in its parameters, currently you are not telling it which is the tile entity renderer you want to bind to your tile entity

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port