[1.16.4] Need help with gui

tigres810

So in 1.12 I made a book with buttons that you can go through pages and im trying to convert that code to 1.16 but is alot different than I though.

My question is: How I can make a gui that when you right click and item it opens it and how I can register that gui?

Also how I can make a gui similar to tetras gui Tetra gui image

So far I have this error on the registry error image idk what it means

Edited by tigres810

Howdy

There are a few working examples of GUIs here

https://github.com/TheGreyGhost/MinecraftByExample

Both of them have containers(i.e. you can store items inside them) but that is optional and the basic concepts are the same.  Mbe32 is an item that when you right click it, it opens a GUI.

-TGG

mbe30 (chest)

mbe30.png

mbe32 (an item which can contain other items)

mbe32-1.png

mbe32-2.png

7 hours ago, TheGreyGhost said:

Howdy

There are a few working examples of GUIs here

https://github.com/TheGreyGhost/MinecraftByExample

Both of them have containers(i.e. you can store items inside them) but that is optional and the basic concepts are the same.  Mbe32 is an item that when you right click it, it opens a GUI.

-TGG

mbe30 (chest)

mbe30.png

mbe32 (an item which can contain other items)

mbe32-1.png

mbe32-2.png

I tried making the flower bag but I get this error, can you explain me why? 

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unable to construct this menu by type
    at net.minecraft.inventory.container.Container.getType(Container.java:56) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.network.NetworkHooks.openGui(NetworkHooks.java:223) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.network.NetworkHooks.openGui(NetworkHooks.java:169) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at com.tigres810.testmod.items.InformationTabletItem.onItemRightClick(InformationTabletItem.java:27) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.useItemRightClick(ItemStack.java:224) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerInteractionManager.processRightClick(PlayerInteractionManager.java:296) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.network.play.ServerPlayNetHandler.processTryUseItem(ServerPlayNetHandler.java:1013) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPlayerTryUseItemPacket.processPacket(CPlayerTryUseItemPacket.java:37) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPlayerTryUseItemPacket.processPacket(CPlayerTryUseItemPacket.java:9) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil.lambda$checkThreadAndEnqueue$0(PacketThreadUtil.java:19) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.TickDelayedTask.run(TickDelayedTask.java:20) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.ThreadTaskExecutor.run(ThreadTaskExecutor.java:139) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.RecursiveEventLoop.run(RecursiveEventLoop.java:22) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:758) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:159) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.ThreadTaskExecutor.driveOne(ThreadTaskExecutor.java:109) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.driveOneInternal(MinecraftServer.java:741) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.driveOne(MinecraftServer.java:735) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.ThreadTaskExecutor.driveUntil(ThreadTaskExecutor.java:122) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.runScheduledTasks(MinecraftServer.java:721) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_240802_v_(MinecraftServer.java:667) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.lambda$startServer$0(MinecraftServer.java:233) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832) [?:?] {}

5 hours ago, tigres810 said:

I tried making the flower bag but I get this error, can you explain me why? 

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unable to construct this menu by type
    at net.minecraft.inventory.container.Container.getType(Container.java:56) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.network.NetworkHooks.openGui(NetworkHooks.java:223) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.network.NetworkHooks.openGui(NetworkHooks.java:169) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at com.tigres810.testmod.items.InformationTabletItem.onItemRightClick(InformationTabletItem.java:27) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.useItemRightClick(ItemStack.java:224) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerInteractionManager.processRightClick(PlayerInteractionManager.java:296) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.network.play.ServerPlayNetHandler.processTryUseItem(ServerPlayNetHandler.java:1013) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPlayerTryUseItemPacket.processPacket(CPlayerTryUseItemPacket.java:37) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPlayerTryUseItemPacket.processPacket(CPlayerTryUseItemPacket.java:9) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil.lambda$checkThreadAndEnqueue$0(PacketThreadUtil.java:19) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.TickDelayedTask.run(TickDelayedTask.java:20) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.ThreadTaskExecutor.run(ThreadTaskExecutor.java:139) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.RecursiveEventLoop.run(RecursiveEventLoop.java:22) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:758) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:159) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.ThreadTaskExecutor.driveOne(ThreadTaskExecutor.java:109) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.driveOneInternal(MinecraftServer.java:741) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.driveOne(MinecraftServer.java:735) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.ThreadTaskExecutor.driveUntil(ThreadTaskExecutor.java:122) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.runScheduledTasks(MinecraftServer.java:721) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_240802_v_(MinecraftServer.java:667) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.lambda$startServer$0(MinecraftServer.java:233) ~[forge:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832) [?:?] {}

Okay so I fixed the registration problem but now I have this another error 

The method displayGuiScreen(Screen) in the type Minecraft is not applicable for the arguments (TestScreen::new)

How I can display the screen because its only a gui

I fixed the error but now the text wont fit the gui :/ heres code 

package com.tigres810.testmod.guis;

import com.mojang.blaze3d.matrix.MatrixStack;
import com.mojang.blaze3d.systems.RenderSystem;
import com.tigres810.testmod.Test;

import net.minecraft.client.Minecraft;
import net.minecraft.client.gui.screen.Screen;
import net.minecraft.client.gui.widget.button.Button;
import net.minecraft.client.gui.widget.button.ChangePageButton;
import net.minecraft.client.resources.I18n;
import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation;
import net.minecraft.util.text.StringTextComponent;
import net.minecraft.util.text.TranslationTextComponent;

public class TestScreen extends Screen {

private static final int WIDTH = 179;
    private static final int HEIGHT = 151;

private ResourceLocation GUI = new ResourceLocation(Test.MOD_ID, "textures/gui/book1big_gui.png");

private int currentpage = 0;
    private static final int maxpages = 2;

private Button closeButton;
    private Button arrowleftButton;
    private Button arrowrightButton;
    private String currentpagetext;
    public TestScreen() {
        super(new TranslationTextComponent("test"));
    }

@Override
    protected void init() {
    	this.buttons.clear();
		this.children.clear();
    	int centerY = (this.height - HEIGHT) / 2;
    	closeButton = new Button((this.width / 2+90) - this.font.getStringWidth("Prueba") / 2, centerY + 12, 15, 20, new StringTextComponent("X"), button -> close());
    	arrowleftButton = new ChangePageButton((this.width / 2-60) - this.font.getStringWidth("Prueba") / 2, centerY + HEIGHT - 30, false, button -> changepage(1), true);
    	arrowrightButton = new ChangePageButton((this.width / 2+75) - this.font.getStringWidth("Prueba") / 2, centerY + HEIGHT - 30, true, button -> changepage(2), true);
    	this.insertText(currentpagetext, false);
    	this.addButton(closeButton);
    	this.addButton(arrowleftButton);
    	this.addButton(arrowrightButton);
    	arrowleftButton.visible = false;
    }

@Override
    public boolean isPauseScreen() {
        return false;
    }

private void changepage(int buttonid) {
    	if(currentpage > 0) {
    		if(currentpage < maxpages) {
    			if(currentpage == 1) {
    				if(buttonid == 1) {
    					arrowrightButton.visible = true;
    					currentpage--;
    				} else {
    					if(currentpage + 1 == maxpages) {
    						arrowleftButton.visible = true;
    						arrowrightButton.visible = false;
    						currentpage++;
    					} else {
    						currentpage++;
    					}
    				}
    			}
    		} else {
    			if(buttonid == 1) {
    				if(currentpage - 1 == 0) {
	    				currentpage--;
    				} else {
	    				currentpage--;
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	} else {
			if(buttonid == 2) {
				currentpage++;
			}
    	}

currentpagetext = "" + currentpage;
    }

private void close() {
        minecraft.displayGuiScreen(null);
    }

@SuppressWarnings("deprecation")
	@Override
    public void render(MatrixStack matrixStack, int mouseX, int mouseY, float partialTicks) {
    	RenderSystem.color4f(1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);
        this.minecraft.getTextureManager().bindTexture(GUI);
        int relX = (this.width - WIDTH) / 2;
        int relY = (this.height - HEIGHT) / 2;
        this.blit(matrixStack, relX, relY, 0, 0, WIDTH, HEIGHT);
        this.font.drawString(matrixStack, I18n.format("gui.title"), ((width / 2) - this.font.getStringWidth("test") / 2), relY + 10, 0x000000);
        this.font.drawString(matrixStack, currentpage + "/" + maxpages, ((width / 2+10) - this.font.getStringWidth("Prueba") / 2), relY + HEIGHT - 16, 0x000000);
        if(currentpage == 0) {
        	this.font.drawString(matrixStack, I18n.format("gui.leftpage0"), ((width / 2) - this.font.getStringWidth("Prueba") / 2) - 60, relY + 12, 0x000000);
        }
        super.render(matrixStack, mouseX, mouseY, partialTicks);
    }

public static void open() {
        Minecraft.getInstance().displayGuiScreen(new TestScreen());
    }

}

and this is the issue image, I need to fit that text into the left page, how I can do that? 2020-12-16_12.10.55.png