[SOLVED!] exception while I run Minecraft + Forge through my launcher

lekrosa

I have been coding a launcher and am now completely stuck. A few seconds after the minecraft window opens, I get an exception:

2013-06-27 20:14:42 [iNFO] [sTDERR] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
2013-06-27 20:14:42 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:363)
2013-06-27 20:14:42 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModClassLoader.getParentSources(ModClassLoader.java:66)
2013-06-27 20:14:42 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModDiscoverer.findClasspathMods(ModDiscoverer.java:45)
2013-06-27 20:14:42 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:341)
2013-06-27 20:14:42 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:479)
2013-06-27 20:14:42 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:160)
2013-06-27 20:14:42 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:410)
2013-06-27 20:14:42 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftAppletImpl.func_71384_a(SourceFile:56)
2013-06-27 20:14:42 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:732)
2013-06-27 20:14:42 [iNFO] [sTDERR] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

This doesn't point to any of my code. (which is here: http://www.github.com/lekro/ModdishLauncher) I have tested with the same files (binaries & natives) in MultiMC, without getting this problem. So I'm almost certain that I am missing something in my code. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is, though. I've looked in the java part of MultiMC's code and through the parts of FML that the stack trace points to, but I couldn't find anything but a hint at it might be something wrong with my classpath... or FML's... (? I heard Eclipse automatically did that for me)

Here is a pastebin of the significant part of the console output:

http://pastebin.com/vdCpvgeW

It is older than the exception above, but it's the same. I have FML's console output set manually to ALL.

I can't figure out why it works perfectly in MultiMC but throws this in my launcher. I have done everything that MultiMC has with its Java portion. (launcher part)

Perhaps someone that knows FML and Java better than me can help me out? xP

EDIT: I have also tried using my jars/natives from an instance of Minecraft with Forge in it from MultiMC, I get the same problem when using my launcher, but no problems with MultiMC and those files.

EDIT 2: I think it's a good idea to give some information about my system: I'm using JDK 1.6.0_38 and its corresponding JRE, 64-bit, on Windows 7. I am using Minecraft 1.5.2, downloaded directly from Mojang (like all other launchers do it) I am also using Forge 7.8.1.737 (the recommended build), FML 5.2.23.737, and LWJGL 2.9.0.

EDIT 3: I have solved this problem! I was putting a scheme before the jars where I shouldn't have.

No... there's nowhere I've done that. There is one place where I have changed the path field to the minecraft folder directly inside the Minecraft class (like MultiMC does), but what I give that class is a File. I've tried removing that part, too, but nothing happened.

I do this at one point:

System.setProperty("minecraft.applet.TargetDirectory", myDir + "/minecrafts/" + minecraftType);

but I'm not quite sure that that's the problem, because myDir starts with a / which makes it hierarchical.

I found that there is some problem with FML's mainClassLoader or something, it gives opaque URIs that can't be converted into Files. But I don't know enough about Forge/FML to say anything there.