How to make a value for an overrides predicate in a json file to change the model of an item?

MaxAnimator

Hello there,

so I got an item, which can be thrown. The issues is, it's facing the wrong way when doing the charge animation when right click is held. I checked how Mojang did with the trident, they're using an overrides predicate with a special value called "throwing", that updates from 0.0 to 1.0 when the item is being thrown.

How could I make my own value just like they did? I checked the wiki but the docs are out of date.

Hello again,

thanks for the info!

I got a problem though...
image.png.812e2e2bcf6661bd820e6fb1552c6b7a.png

It does that, with that:

public ModdedSpearItem(Properties properties)
	{
		super(properties);
		ItemModelsProperties.registerProperty(Registries.iron_spear.get(), new ResourceLocation("spear_throwing"), (itemstack, clientworld, livingentity) -> {
			return livingentity != null && livingentity.isHandActive() && livingentity.getActiveItemStack() == itemstack ? 1.0F : 0.0F;
		});
	}

and that's how my object is registered:

public static final RegistryObject<Item> iron_spear = ITEMS.register("iron_spear", () -> new ModdedSpearItem(new Item.Properties().group(Azure.TAB).maxStackSize(1)));

You got any idea of what I've done wrong?

public Azure() {
        FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus().addListener(this::setup);
        FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus().addListener(this::doClientStuff);
        FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus().addListener(this::enqueueWork);

Registries.init();

MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(this);
    }
private void enqueueWork(final FMLClientSetupEvent event)
    {
    	ItemModelsProperties.registerProperty(Registries.iron_spear.get(), new ResourceLocation("spear_throwing"), (itemstack, clientworld, livingentity) -> {
			return livingentity != null && livingentity.isHandActive() && livingentity.getActiveItemStack() == itemstack ? 1.0F : 0.0F;
		});
    }

Am I doing something wrong? The game launches but seems to ignore it.

10 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You called your method enqueueWork... that's not going to do anything. You need to use enqueueWork on the event, because ItemModelsProperties is not threadsafe.

You also registered your property under the "minecraft" namespace, which is probably not what you intended (nor what you should do).

What do you mean "under the "minecraft" namespace"? And also how do I use the enqueueWork function?

Edited by MaxAnimator

Ok I just got it to work... but it still doesn't do anything.

private void doClientStuff(final FMLClientSetupEvent event) {
    	event.enqueueWork(new Runnable() {
			public void run() {
				ItemModelsProperties.registerProperty(Registries.iron_spear.get(), new ResourceLocation("azure:spear_throwing"), (itemstack, clientworld, livingentity) -> {
				});
			}
		});
    }

33 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You said "it is not working".

Which behavior made you say that?

The game seems to ignore it. There's no modification made at all when in game; I checked my model and it does work; so it's coming from this piece of code:

private void doClientStuff(final FMLClientSetupEvent event) {
    	event.enqueueWork(new Runnable() {
			public void run() {
				ItemModelsProperties.registerProperty(Registries.iron_spear.get(), new ResourceLocation("azure:spear_throwing"), (itemstack, clientworld, livingentity) -> {
				});
			}
		});
    }