[RESOLVED] Unable to log in to LAN server - Missing registry data for network connection

Aevaris

Hi all,

Every time I upgrade mods, I seem to run in to this error with my LAN "server". The offending log entry seems to be below:

[10:31:01] [Render thread/INFO] [minecraft/ConnectingScreen]: Connecting to 192.168.86.246, 52432

[10:31:04] [Render thread/ERROR] [ne.mi.re.GameData/REGISTRIES]: Unidentified mapping from registry minecraft:block

chiselsandbits:bit_tank: 5733

chiselsandbits:chisel_station: 5734

rangedpumps:pump: 1233

[10:31:04] [Render thread/ERROR] [ne.mi.fm.ne.FMLHandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Missing registry data for network connection:

minecraft:block: chiselsandbits:bit_tank

minecraft:block: chiselsandbits:chisel_station

minecraft:block: rangedpumps:pump

[10:31:04] [Netty Client IO #0/ERROR] [ne.mi.fm.ne.FMLHandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Failed to load registry, closing connection.

[10:31:04] [Netty Client IO #0/ERROR] [ne.mi.fm.ne.FMLHandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Connection closed, not continuing handshake

Some details:

Minecraft 1.16.4

Forge 35.1.15

MultiMC launcher

In my Googling, I've found this is often due to either client or mod files being out of sync. I copy and pasted both directories across both computers. I also tried using the java argument -Dfml.queryResult=confirm with no success. Interestingly, the rangedpumps mod is actually disabled entirely. Is this something that can be fixed on my side or is this representative of a mod problem? Is there a means to re-register/remove the offending entries/blocks?

Thanks for your help all!

Edited by Aevaris

What do you mean by "LAN 'server'"?

Do you mean a dedi on your local network or do you have a client running with LAN open?

This is my Forum Signature, I am currently attempting to transform it into a small guide for fixing easier issues using spoiler blocks to keep things tidy.

As the most common issue I feel I should put this outside the main bulk:

The only official source for Forge is https://files.minecraftforge.net, and the only site I trust for getting mods is CurseForge.

If you use any site other than these, please take a look at the StopModReposts project and install their browser extension, I would also advise running a virus scan.

For players asking for assistance with Forge please expand the spoiler below and read the appropriate section(s) in its/their entirety.

Spoiler

Logs (Most issues require logs to diagnose):

Spoiler

Please post logs using one of the following sites (Thank you Lumber Wizard for the list):

https://gist.github.com/100MB Requires member (Free)

https://pastebin.com/: 512KB as guest, 10MB as Pro ($$$)

https://hastebin.com/: 400KB

Do NOT use sites like Mediafire, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, or a site that has a countdown before offering downloads.

What to provide:

...for Crashes and Runtime issues:

Minecraft 1.14.4 and newer:

Post debug.log

Older versions:

Please update...

...for Installer Issues:

Post your installer log, found in the same place you ran the installer

This log will be called either installer.log or named the same as the installer but with .log on the end

Note for Windows users:

Windows hides file extensions by default so the installer may appear without the .jar extension then when the .log is added the log will appear with the .jar extension

Where to get it:

Mojang Launcher: When using the Mojang launcher debug.log is found in .minecraft\logs.

Curse/Overwolf: If you are using the Curse Launcher, their configurations break Forge's log settings, fortunately there is an easier workaround than I originally thought, this works even with Curse's installation of the Minecraft launcher as long as it is not launched THROUGH Twitch:

Spoiler
  1. Make sure you have the correct version of Forge installed (some packs are heavily dependent on one specific build of Forge)
  2. Make a launcher profile targeting this version of Forge.
  3. Set the launcher profile's GameDir property to the pack's instance folder (not the instances folder, the folder that has the pack's name on it).
  4. Now launch the pack through that profile and follow the "Mojang Launcher" instructions above.

Video:

Spoiler

or alternately, 

Fallback ("No logs are generated"):

If you don't see logs generated in the usual place, provide the launcher_log.txt from .minecraft

Server Not Starting:

Spoiler

If your server does not start or a command window appears and immediately goes away, run the jar manually and provide the output.

Reporting Illegal/Inappropriate Adfocus Ads:

Spoiler

Get a screenshot of the URL bar or copy/paste the whole URL into a thread on the General Discussion board with a description of the Ad.

Lex will need the Ad ID contained in that URL to report it to Adfocus' support team.

Posting your mod as a GitHub Repo:

Spoiler

When you have an issue with your mod the most helpful thing you can do when asking for help is to provide your code to those helping you. The most convenient way to do this is via GitHub or another source control hub.

When setting up a GitHub Repo it might seem easy to just upload everything, however this method has the potential for mistakes that could lead to trouble later on, it is recommended to use a Git client or to get comfortable with the Git command line. The following instructions will use the Git Command Line and as such they assume you already have it installed and that you have created a repository.

1. Open a command prompt (CMD, Powershell, Terminal, etc).
  2. Navigate to the folder you extracted Forge’s MDK to (the one that had all the licenses in).
  3. Run the following commands:
    1. git init
    2. git remote add origin [Your Repository's URL]
      • In the case of GitHub it should look like: https://GitHub.com/[Your Username]/[Repo Name].git
    3. git fetch
    4. git checkout --track origin/master
    5. git stage *
    6. git commit -m "[Your commit message]"
    7. git push
  4. Navigate to GitHub and you should now see most of the files.
    • note that it is intentional that some are not synced with GitHub and this is done with the (hidden) .gitignore file that Forge’s MDK has provided (hence the strictness on which folder git init is run from)
  5. Now you can share your GitHub link with those who you are asking for help.

[Workaround line, please ignore]

Client running with LAN open.

Edit: In poking through the logs on the client host (the client with the LAN open), I see the entry in the logs I expect of "the following IDs can't be found and will be removed" but it doesn't seem to actually remove them which is weird and then proceeds with a "found unidentified IDs, loading anyway" message.

Edited by Aevaris

Why would you need a VM? That would just add extra overhead.

You can just install and run the server.

This is my Forum Signature, I am currently attempting to transform it into a small guide for fixing easier issues using spoiler blocks to keep things tidy.

As the most common issue I feel I should put this outside the main bulk:

The only official source for Forge is https://files.minecraftforge.net, and the only site I trust for getting mods is CurseForge.

If you use any site other than these, please take a look at the StopModReposts project and install their browser extension, I would also advise running a virus scan.

For players asking for assistance with Forge please expand the spoiler below and read the appropriate section(s) in its/their entirety.

Spoiler

Logs (Most issues require logs to diagnose):

Spoiler

Please post logs using one of the following sites (Thank you Lumber Wizard for the list):

https://gist.github.com/100MB Requires member (Free)

https://pastebin.com/: 512KB as guest, 10MB as Pro ($$$)

https://hastebin.com/: 400KB

Do NOT use sites like Mediafire, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, or a site that has a countdown before offering downloads.

What to provide:

...for Crashes and Runtime issues:

Minecraft 1.14.4 and newer:

Post debug.log

Older versions:

Please update...

...for Installer Issues:

Post your installer log, found in the same place you ran the installer

This log will be called either installer.log or named the same as the installer but with .log on the end

Note for Windows users:

Windows hides file extensions by default so the installer may appear without the .jar extension then when the .log is added the log will appear with the .jar extension

Where to get it:

Mojang Launcher: When using the Mojang launcher debug.log is found in .minecraft\logs.

Curse/Overwolf: If you are using the Curse Launcher, their configurations break Forge's log settings, fortunately there is an easier workaround than I originally thought, this works even with Curse's installation of the Minecraft launcher as long as it is not launched THROUGH Twitch:

Spoiler
  1. Make sure you have the correct version of Forge installed (some packs are heavily dependent on one specific build of Forge)
  2. Make a launcher profile targeting this version of Forge.
  3. Set the launcher profile's GameDir property to the pack's instance folder (not the instances folder, the folder that has the pack's name on it).
  4. Now launch the pack through that profile and follow the "Mojang Launcher" instructions above.

Video:

Spoiler

or alternately, 

Fallback ("No logs are generated"):

If you don't see logs generated in the usual place, provide the launcher_log.txt from .minecraft

Server Not Starting:

Spoiler

If your server does not start or a command window appears and immediately goes away, run the jar manually and provide the output.

Reporting Illegal/Inappropriate Adfocus Ads:

Spoiler

Get a screenshot of the URL bar or copy/paste the whole URL into a thread on the General Discussion board with a description of the Ad.

Lex will need the Ad ID contained in that URL to report it to Adfocus' support team.

Posting your mod as a GitHub Repo:

Spoiler

When you have an issue with your mod the most helpful thing you can do when asking for help is to provide your code to those helping you. The most convenient way to do this is via GitHub or another source control hub.

When setting up a GitHub Repo it might seem easy to just upload everything, however this method has the potential for mistakes that could lead to trouble later on, it is recommended to use a Git client or to get comfortable with the Git command line. The following instructions will use the Git Command Line and as such they assume you already have it installed and that you have created a repository.

1. Open a command prompt (CMD, Powershell, Terminal, etc).
  2. Navigate to the folder you extracted Forge’s MDK to (the one that had all the licenses in).
  3. Run the following commands:
    1. git init
    2. git remote add origin [Your Repository's URL]
      • In the case of GitHub it should look like: https://GitHub.com/[Your Username]/[Repo Name].git
    3. git fetch
    4. git checkout --track origin/master
    5. git stage *
    6. git commit -m "[Your commit message]"
    7. git push
  4. Navigate to GitHub and you should now see most of the files.
    • note that it is intentional that some are not synced with GitHub and this is done with the (hidden) .gitignore file that Forge’s MDK has provided (hence the strictness on which folder git init is run from)
  5. Now you can share your GitHub link with those who you are asking for help.

[Workaround line, please ignore]

I already have a VM running on an old PC for Emby, so I'd spin one up on the same physical host. That host already runs 24x7, so it can stay running while our computers can sleep / play other games, etc. It'd be a small overhead for Minecraft but increased convenience.

This is my first 1.16.4 play of minecraft. Upgrading mods have never given me trouble in the past. I should note that things work fine if the server loads with the mods, its only when the mods change that I have the issue. Is there a way to force re-registering of the blocks in 1.16.4?

Edit: But I see your point, realistically, we'll only play minecraft for a few weeks at a time, so having a VM for it seems clunky and instead could run the server client locally instead. I'll think/play around with that idea.

Edited by Aevaris

So I set up a local server (using the actual server client and not a LAN-opened SP client) and am getting the same issue. Attached is the server latest log and debug log. The debug log is too large for pastebin or here (its ~2MB), so it is split up into multiple files.

I am going to attempt some other things to see if there is any fix, but would be interested if the logs tell anything useful or if there is a way to fix this on my side (or if this needs to be a bug report somewhere).

In this log, the only change I made was an upgrade to chiselandbits from 0.2.2 to 0.2.8. This is also with the server running forge 35.1.28.

Interestingly, this isn't working:
"There are 4 missing entries in this save.
If you continue the missing entries will get removed.
A world backup will be automatically created in your saves directory."

Neither the backup is created nor are the entries removed.

debug1.log debug2.log debug3.log

latest.log

Edited by Aevaris

Update. Fascinating. I passed in "--forceUpgrade" when launching the server and this seems to have resolved my problem. I can now connect the client to the server. Is this something forge or minecraft handled automatically previously? I've never had to do something like that before.

Edit: Adding some copy-pasta for Google that I used when researching my problem in case this helps posterity. None of the posts/info I found out there helped me, so maybe this can help others in the future. I don't see a spoiler feature on this forum, so pasted below.

Client pasta:

[29Dec2020 11:23:19.522] [Render thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.screen.ConnectingScreen/]: Connecting to 192.168.86.41, 25565
[29Dec2020 11:23:21.086] [Render thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.GameData/REGISTRIES]: Registry chiselsandbits:bit_tank: The ID minecraft:block @ 5733 is currently locally mapped - it will be replaced with a dummy for this session
[29Dec2020 11:23:21.087] [Render thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.GameData/REGISTRIES]: Registry chiselsandbits:chisel_station: The ID minecraft:block @ 5734 is currently locally mapped - it will be replaced with a dummy for this session
[29Dec2020 11:23:21.092] [Render thread/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.registries.GameData/REGISTRIES]: Unidentified mapping from registry minecraft:block
    chiselsandbits:bit_storage: 5820
    chiselsandbits:chisel_printer: 5821

[29Dec2020 11:23:21.093] [Render thread/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.registries.GameData/REGISTRIES]: Unidentified mapping from registry minecraft:block_entity_type
    chiselsandbits:bit_storage: 391
    chiselsandbits:chisel_printer: 392

[29Dec2020 11:23:21.093] [Render thread/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.registries.GameData/REGISTRIES]: Unidentified mapping from registry minecraft:item
    chiselsandbits:bit_storage: 7078
    chiselsandbits:bitsaw_gold: 7082
    chiselsandbits:bitsaw_iron: 7083
    chiselsandbits:bitsaw_netherite: 7084
    chiselsandbits:bitsaw_stone: 7081
    chiselsandbits:chisel_netherite: 7080
    chiselsandbits:chisel_printer: 7079

[29Dec2020 11:23:21.094] [Render thread/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.fml.network.FMLHandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Missing registry data for network connection:
    minecraft:item: chiselsandbits:bit_storage
    minecraft:item: chiselsandbits:bitsaw_gold
    minecraft:item: chiselsandbits:bitsaw_iron
    minecraft:item: chiselsandbits:bitsaw_netherite
    minecraft:item: chiselsandbits:bitsaw_stone
    minecraft:item: chiselsandbits:chisel_netherite
    minecraft:item: chiselsandbits:chisel_printer
    minecraft:block_entity_type: chiselsandbits:bit_storage
    minecraft:block_entity_type: chiselsandbits:chisel_printer
    minecraft:block: chiselsandbits:bit_storage
    minecraft:block: chiselsandbits:chisel_printer

[29Dec2020 11:23:21.094] [Netty Client IO #1/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.fml.network.FMLHandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Failed to load registry, closing connection.
[29Dec2020 11:23:21.094] [Netty Client IO #1/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.fml.network.FMLHandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Connection closed, not continuing handshake

Server pasta:

[29Dec2020 11:20:43.388] [main/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.registries.GameData/REGISTRIES]: Unidentified mapping from registry minecraft:block
    chiselsandbits:bit_tank: 5733
    chiselsandbits:chisel_station: 5734

[29Dec2020 11:20:43.389] [main/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.registries.GameData/REGISTRIES]: Unidentified mapping from registry minecraft:item
    chiselsandbits:bit_tank: 6871
    chiselsandbits:chisel_station: 6872

[29Dec2020 11:20:43.390] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.GameData/REGISTRIES]: Forge Mod Loader detected missing registry entries.

There are 4 missing entries in this save.
If you continue the missing entries will get removed.
A world backup will be automatically created in your saves directory.

[29Dec2020 11:20:43.390] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.GameData/REGISTRIES]: Missing minecraft:item:
    chiselsandbits:bit_tank
    chiselsandbits:chisel_station

Missing minecraft:block:
    chiselsandbits:bit_tank
    chiselsandbits:chisel_station

[29Dec2020 11:20:43.391] [main/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.registries.GameData/REGISTRIES]: There are unidentified mappings in this world - we are going to attempt to process anyway
[29Dec2020 11:20:43.394] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Block: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: chiselsandbits:bit_storage Expected: 5733 Got: 5820
[29Dec2020 11:20:43.394] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Block: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: chiselsandbits:chisel_printer Expected: 5734 Got: 5821
[29Dec2020 11:20:43.396] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: chiselsandbits:bit_storage Expected: 6871 Got: 7078
[29Dec2020 11:20:43.396] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: chiselsandbits:chisel_printer Expected: 6872 Got: 7079
[29Dec2020 11:20:43.396] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: chiselsandbits:chisel_netherite Expected: 6891 Got: 7080
[29Dec2020 11:20:43.396] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: chiselsandbits:bitsaw_stone Expected: 6902 Got: 7081
[29Dec2020 11:20:43.397] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: chiselsandbits:bitsaw_gold Expected: 6903 Got: 7082
[29Dec2020 11:20:43.397] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: chiselsandbits:bitsaw_iron Expected: 6904 Got: 7083
[29Dec2020 11:20:43.397] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: chiselsandbits:bitsaw_netherite Expected: 6906 Got: 7084

Edited by Aevaris

• 3 months later...