Adding mods to IntelliJ run

oldcheese

Hey guys. It's been a while.

I'm trying to add other mods to my IntelliJ environment to load alongside mine to test interactions. However, when I launch mods I always get NoSuchMethod errors. I've checked the forums for similar interactions, but to no avail.

Time: 12/28/20 12:57 PM
Description: Mod loading error has occurred

java.lang.Exception: Mod Loading has failed
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.CrashReportExtender.dumpModLoadingCrashReport(CrashReportExtender.java:85) ~[forge-1.16.4-35.1.15_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading}
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.ClientModLoader.completeModLoading(ClientModLoader.java:188) ~[forge-1.16.4-35.1.15_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.lambda$null$1(Minecraft.java:513) ~[forge-1.16.4-35.1.15_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
	at net.minecraft.util.Util.acceptOrElse(Util.java:323) ~[forge-1.16.4-35.1.15_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading}
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.lambda$new$2(Minecraft.java:509) ~[forge-1.16.4-35.1.15_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.ResourceLoadProgressGui.render(ResourceLoadProgressGui.java:113) ~[forge-1.16.4-35.1.15_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.GameRenderer.updateCameraAndRender(GameRenderer.java:492) ~[forge-1.16.4-35.1.15_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1002) ~[forge-1.16.4-35.1.15_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:612) ~[forge-1.16.4-35.1.15_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:184) ~[forge-1.16.4-35.1.15_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3-recomp.jar:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_131] {}
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_131] {}
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_131] {}
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_131] {}
	at net.minecraftforge.userdev.FMLUserdevClientLaunchProvider.lambda$launchService$0(FMLUserdevClientLaunchProvider.java:52) ~[forge-1.16.4-35.1.15_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3-recomp.jar:?] {}
	at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.launch(LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.java:37) [modlauncher-8.0.6.jar:?] {}
	at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:54) [modlauncher-8.0.6.jar:?] {}
	at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:72) [modlauncher-8.0.6.jar:?] {}
	at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:82) [modlauncher-8.0.6.jar:?] {}
	at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:66) [modlauncher-8.0.6.jar:?] {}
	at net.minecraftforge.userdev.LaunchTesting.main(LaunchTesting.java:105) [forge-1.16.4-35.1.15_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3-recomp.jar:?] {}

image.png.f340ff98bd0b37cf70ed1bbe318bbf45.png

This is the way I figured I could add an external mod.

If someone could point me in the right direction on how I get this to work. I apparantly don't have enough knowledge of Gradle to properly google such things.

Edit: I just realized this is probably in the wrong subforum alltogether. My apologies.

Edited by oldcheese
I'm an idiot

Welp. I've added the Mekanism Repository to my repositories in build.grade and added the following lines to my dependancies:

implementation fg.deobf("mekanism:Mekanism:1.16.4-10.0.18.445")

Now I get 

> Cannot find a version of 'mekanism:Mekanism' that satisfies the version constraints: 
        Dependency path 'com.cheese.mattercraft:mattercraft:0.0.1' --> 'mekanism:Mekanism:1.16.4-10.0.18.445'
        Dependency path 'com.cheese.mattercraft:mattercraft:0.0.1' --> 'mekanism:Mekanism' strictly '1.16.4-10.0.18.445_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3'

I've also tried the steps outlined in the Mekanism readme which proved usefull in helping me understand dependencies, but ultimately failed to add any mekanism usability to my launch. 

buildscript {
    repositories {
        maven { url = 'https://files.minecraftforge.net/maven' }
        jcenter()
        mavenCentral()
    }
    dependencies {
        classpath group: 'net.minecraftforge.gradle', name: 'ForgeGradle', version: '3.+', changing: true

}
}
apply plugin: 'net.minecraftforge.gradle'
// Only edit below this line, the above code adds and enables the necessary things for Forge to be setup.
apply plugin: 'eclipse'
apply plugin: 'maven-publish'

version = '0.0.1'
group = 'com.cheese.mattercraft' // http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-naming-conventions.html
archivesBaseName = 'Mattercraft'

sourceCompatibility = targetCompatibility = compileJava.sourceCompatibility = compileJava.targetCompatibility = '1.8' // Need this here so eclipse task generates correctly.

println('Java: ' + System.getProperty('java.version') + ' JVM: ' + System.getProperty('java.vm.version') + '(' + System.getProperty('java.vendor') + ') Arch: ' + System.getProperty('os.arch'))
minecraft {
    // The mappings can be changed at any time, and must be in the following format.
    // snapshot_YYYYMMDD   Snapshot are built nightly.
    // stable_#            Stables are built at the discretion of the MCP team.
    // Use non-default mappings at your own risk. they may not always work.
    // Simply re-run your setup task after changing the mappings to update your workspace.
    mappings channel: 'snapshot', version: '20201028-1.16.3'
    // makeObfSourceJar = false // an Srg named sources jar is made by default. uncomment this to disable.

// accessTransformer = file('src/main/resources/META-INF/accesstransformer.cfg')

// Default run configurations.
    // These can be tweaked, removed, or duplicated as needed.
    runs {
        client {
            workingDirectory project.file('run')

// Recommended logging data for a userdev environment
            property 'forge.logging.markers', 'SCAN,REGISTRIES,REGISTRYDUMP'

// Recommended logging level for the console
            property 'forge.logging.console.level', 'info'

mods {
                examplemod {
                    source sourceSets.main
                }
            }
        }

server {

mods {
                examplemod {
                    source sourceSets.main
                }
            }
        }

data {

// Specify the modid for data generation, where to output the resulting resource, and where to look for existing resources.
            args '--mod', 'examplemod', '--all', '--output', file('src/generated/resources/'), '--existing', file('src/main/resources/')

mods {
                examplemod {
                    source sourceSets.main
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

// Include resources generated by data generators.
sourceSets.main.resources { srcDir 'src/generated/resources' }
repositories {
    maven { url 'https://modmaven.dev/' }
}
dependencies {
    // Specify the version of Minecraft to use, If this is any group other then 'net.minecraft' it is assumed
    // that the dep is a ForgeGradle 'patcher' dependency. And it's patches will be applied.
    // The userdev artifact is a special name and will get all sorts of transformations applied to it.
    minecraft 'net.minecraftforge:forge:1.16.4-35.1.15'
    // You may put jars on which you depend on in ./libs or you may define them like so..
    // compile "some.group:artifact:version:classifier"
    // compile "some.group:artifact:version"

// Real examples
    // compile 'com.mod-buildcraft:buildcraft:6.0.8:dev'  // adds buildcraft to the dev env
    // compile 'com.googlecode.efficient-java-matrix-library:ejml:0.24' // adds ejml to the dev env

// The 'provided' configuration is for optional dependencies that exist at compile-time but might not at runtime.
    // provided 'com.mod-buildcraft:buildcraft:6.0.8:dev'

// These dependencies get remapped to your current MCP mappings
    // deobf 'com.mod-buildcraft:buildcraft:6.0.8:dev'
    compileOnly "mekanism:Mekanism:${mekanism_version}:api"
    implementation fg.deobf("mekanism:Mekanism:${mekanism_version}")// core

// For more info...
    // http://www.gradle.org/docs/current/userguide/artifact_dependencies_tutorial.html
    // http://www.gradle.org/docs/current/userguide/dependency_management.html

}
// Example for how to get properties into the manifest for reading by the runtime..
jar {
    manifest {
        attributes([
            "Specification-Title": "examplemod",
            "Specification-Vendor": "examplemodsareus",
            "Specification-Version": "1", // We are version 1 of ourselves
            "Implementation-Title": project.name,
            "Implementation-Version": "${version}",
            "Implementation-Vendor" :"examplemodsareus",
            "Implementation-Timestamp": new Date().format("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ssZ")
        ])
    }
}

// Example configuration to allow publishing using the maven-publish task
// This is the preferred method to reobfuscate your jar file
jar.finalizedBy('reobfJar') 
// However if you are in a multi-project build, dev time needs unobfed jar files, so you can delay the obfuscation until publishing by doing
//publish.dependsOn('reobfJar')

publishing {
    publications {
        mavenJava(MavenPublication) {
            artifact jar
        }
    }
    repositories {
        maven {
            url "file:///${project.projectDir}/mcmodsrepo"
        }
    }
}

There you go.

Having the corresponding version of mekanism in the run/mods folder gives me the same error even with runtimeOnly and following Mekanism's exact instructions. Not having the mod inside mods/run produces no mekanism blocks in game.

To reiterate. My goal is simply to have Mekanism installed into my client so I can test interactivity with pipes and the like. I'm not looking to use any API as a hard dependency. I simply want to click 'runclient' and be able to put down both my blocks and Mekanisms. Maybe I misrepresented my goal.

3 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Then remove the API dependency.

Do not put it in the mods folder, ever.

Alright, thank you. I know not to put it in the mod folder now.

Mekanism blocks still don't get loaded. So my question: How can I actually launch other people's mods along with mine on runClient to test this out? 

I now have the runtimeOnly ones like Mekanism told me, but there's definitely 0 mekanism blocks when I launch the game.

I do understand that I'm the one asking for help, if it's not possible just tell me outright. It's a bit frustrating to not be able to get this done, at this point I'm just going to assume pulling stuff out of the block using pipes will work. Am I stuck just compiling, adding it to a modpack and launching it with those mods every time I want to test?