Custom Elytra Renderer

Pixelcrafter19

Hello!

Wanted to know, how do you tell the game to render you custom wearable?

I have an item which is basically another form of elytra with other properties (the item itself works just fine), so I was looking at how the game renders the elytra. I made a new layer class which uses the standard elytra model, but a different texture.

And there is where I got stuck, I see the ElytraLayer gets added in the PlayerRenderer. But how do I add my layer to it, or do I have to write a new renderer?

Thanks in advance and I hope someone can help me with my problem.

Edited by Pixelcrafter19

You would need to add your custom layer to the player renderer, and you need to do this inside you client setup event handler (possibly inside enqueueWork). Take a look at this post: https://forums.minecraftforge.net/topic/92977-1162-render-layer-not-working/?tab=comments#comment-428356

Edited by Beethoven92

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port

Great Thanks, got it to work for the player, but do I have to do something different for the armor stand?

I did it like this:

for(PlayerRenderer renderer : Minecraft.getInstance().getRenderManager().getSkinMap().values())
        {
            renderer.addLayer(new WingsLayer(renderer));
        }

Edited by Pixelcrafter19