[1.16.4] Clicking Run Does Not Work Within the IDE (solved)

Guru

I have extracted the mdk and ran the genEclipseRuns command and opened my project by importing it on eclipse:

This is what happens when I click the run thing on my newly set up 1.16.4:

spacer.png

I'm not really sure what to do about this. But it does not open Minecraft in any way where I could see if I did code something whether or not it would work or not or if it is the right way.

Is this supposed to be how it looks with it being extracted into the folder with it imported into Eclipse, or have I done something incorrectly?

Edited by Guru

Running the gradlew build command it was successful. A mod file could be found in the build folder where the MDK was extracted. Java 8 is installed. It does not run when I click run and then click the start or green right arrow thing on eclipse.

[04:22:57] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1048]:     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:76)
[04:22:57] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1048]:     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:66)
[04:22:57] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1048]:     at net.minecraftforge.userdev.LaunchTesting.main(LaunchTesting.java:105)
[04:22:57] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1057]: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngineFactory
[04:22:57] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1057]:     at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:606)
[04:22:57] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1057]:     at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:168)
[04:22:57] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1057]:     at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
[04:22:57] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1057]:     ... 33 more

Edited by Guru

Ding, I assumed that you use JDK15 instead of 1.8. Check your project property if Java Compiler/Build path is pointing "real" JDK 1.8 instead of JDK15.

You get this error "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jdk/nashorn/api/scripting/NashornScriptEngineFactory" because this class does not exist anymore in JDK15.

I changed the thing and pointed it to the jdk, did this:

I still am not getting anything when I click run then click the Run runData button.

[05:31:40] [main/DEBUG] [ne.mi.fm.ja.FMLModContainer/LOADING]: Firing event for modid forge : net.minecraftforge.fml.event.lifecycle.GatherDataEvent@42c7781a
[05:31:41] [main/DEBUG] [ne.mi.fm.ja.FMLModContainer/LOADING]: Fired event for modid forge : net.minecraftforge.fml.event.lifecycle.GatherDataEvent@42c7781a
[05:31:41] [main/DEBUG] [ne.mi.fm.ja.FMLModContainer/LOADING]: Firing event for modid examplemod : net.minecraftforge.fml.event.lifecycle.GatherDataEvent@5c44bce3
[05:31:41] [main/DEBUG] [ne.mi.fm.ja.FMLModContainer/LOADING]: Fired event for modid examplemod : net.minecraftforge.fml.event.lifecycle.GatherDataEvent@5c44bce3
[05:31:41] [main/INFO] [minecraft/DataGenerator]: All providers took: 0 ms

Edited by Guru

59 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

runData runs data generation. Use runClient to start the client and runServer to start a server.

Clicking the little arrow thing next to it and clicking runClient does work.

It launched and does work.

Now I know if I put a src in then that is most certainly what is wrong with my code instead of something questionable.

That and putting my src in should provide suggestions or if I would like to create a brand new mod somehow or another.

This is possibly good.

Edited by Guru