[1.16.4] Textures Not Showing Up On Blocks When Set

Guru

My blocks can be seen as an item held in the player's hand.

However, the problem I'm having is when I right click the block, even though I had a model for my block and item versions of the block, the one set does not render a texture:

spacer.png

Is this still correct for the blockstate?

{
    "forge_marker": 1,
    "variants": {
        "normal": {
            "model": "aku:aku"
        }
    }
}

Second question being what changes if any should be made to my .pngs? I had to change the names to lowercase names from 1.10.2 to go to 1.11.2.

Edited by Guru

Show the model json, as that's where textures are specified.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Hm. Not seeing anything obvious, post the log too.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I have an item that I have registered and the item model that all of the textures show on using several textures.

I have a block registered, and I have the item for the block registered.

I set the block with one texture,

this is what I get though for that matter:

spacer.png

Edited by Guru

My src using 1.16.4 version of forge:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ju9y015x81syhk/examplemodsrc.zip?dl=0

If anyone is able to help me solve this issue.

I was also able to name both items and blocks with the lang file. So I got somewhere, but my block has no texture.

Figuring that the above could be an issue, I only registered the blue block and an item instead of both blocks and the item.

Edited by Guru

I am returning the model of alien_blue block here for the item:

{
    "parent": "aku:block/alien_blue"
}

The block can be seen in the players hand, originating from the block itself. When the item, that comes from the existence of setting the object into the world though that way is held in the players right hand and the object is placed. The object then has no texture.

If the object had no texture when it was placed then it would have no texture as an item. The parent of of the item model is the block itself.

Therefor the block exists whenever you set it, but it doesn't have a texture.

This isn't making any sense.

Edited by Guru

{
    "parent": "block/cube_all",
    "textures": {
        "all": "aku:blocks/alien_blue"
    }
}

My texture is also the same name as what is being referenced to as to what the block should look like.

For some reason my texture is not showing on my block though.

Edited by Guru

The src is able to be dragged and dropped into where forge is extracted....

The only file modified being the src file. Which then is imported into the IDE.

The entire zip is a larger file, that or something. I dunno'

Edited by Guru

If I change this here:

{
        "all": "aku:blocks/alien_blue"
    }
}

Into this right here:

{
        "all": "aku:blocks/gold_block"
    }
}

Then it changes the block the player is holding into a gold block, but whenever it is placed or set on the ground then it doesn't render the texture.

What do I need to do?

Edited by Guru

5 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Also, change your Mod ID. "aku" is too short and not unique. Do not use abbreviations.

Then Forge is not a usable product if I can not update my mod.

Aku - Mods - Minecraft - CurseForge

There is something wrong with forge now.

My mod is broken.

How is my mod name not unique when you didn't know that an Aku is a power block and there are three kinds with a spinner?

Your logic is broken, either that or there is something wrong with you.

Edited by Guru

38 minutes ago, Guru said:

Then Forge is not a usable product if I can not update my mod.

Forge is still not a product. Also, there are ways to remap missing entries by changing their qualified modid using RegistryEvent$MissingMappings, so your point is mute.

How is my mod name not unique when you didn't know that an Aku is a power block and there are three kinds with a spinner?

Why would what your mod does have anything to do with if your name is unique?

Your logic is broken, either that or there is something wrong with you.

Don't be rude and link a paste to your debug.log. If something is not working, then it's your problem as it will and does work for anyone else.

First, your textures are under 'blocks' instead of 'block'. Second, you never show your blockstate JSON which leads me to believe there's something wrong there as only the block model is rendering incorrectly (which there definitely is as it references the model directly instead of its subdirectory 'modid:block/path').

Edited by ChampionAsh5357