[1.15.2] Custom rendering interact with lighting

CookieLukas

The following code just sets a small rendered plane with the texture of "polished_andesite" at the coordinates 0|60|0
But even in complete darkness, the plane still "glows". How can I get the plane to interact with the local light level?
Im using the following options:

public static final RenderType OVERLAY_PLATE = makeType("overlay_plate",
            DefaultVertexFormats.POSITION_TEX, GL11.GL_QUADS, 256,
            RenderType.State.getBuilder()
                    .layer(PROJECTION_LAYERING)
                    .transparency(TRANSLUCENT_TRANSPARENCY)
                    .texture(new TextureState(new ResourceLocation("minecraft:textures/block/polished_andesite.png"), false, false))
                    .depthTest(DEPTH_ALWAYS)
                    .cull(CULL_DISABLED)
                    .lightmap(LIGHTMAP_DISABLED)
                    .writeMask(COLOR_WRITE)
                    .build(true));

And the following code to render:

@SubscribeEvent
    public void render(RenderWorldLastEvent event) {

IRenderTypeBuffer.Impl bufferSource = Minecraft.getInstance().getRenderTypeBuffers().getBufferSource();
	     IVertexBuilder builder = bufferSource.getBuffer(ModRenderTypes.OVERLAY_PLATE);
		 Vec3d view = Minecraft.getInstance().gameRenderer.getActiveRenderInfo().getProjectedView();

int x = 0;
		 int y = 60;
		 int z = 0;

MatrixStack stack = event.getMatrixStack();
	     stack.push();
	     stack.translate(-view.x, -view.y, -view.z);

Matrix4f lastStack = stack.getLast().getMatrix();

builder.pos(lastStack, x, y + 1.0f, z + 1.0f).tex(0, 1).endVertex();
	     builder.pos(lastStack, x + 1.0f, y + 1.0f, z + 1.0f).tex(1, 1).lightmap(0, 240).endVertex();
	     builder.pos(lastStack, x + 1.0f, y + 1.0f, z).tex(1, 0).lightmap(0, 240).endVertex();
	     builder.pos(lastStack, x, y + 1.0f, z).tex(0, 0).lightmap(0, 240).endVertex();
		 stack.pop();
	     bufferSource.finish(ModRenderTypes.OVERLAY_PLATE);

}

My idea was to copy some code out of the BlockRendererDispatcher and use it every tick with the measured light level. Is that a possible?
Any help is appreciated,

-Lukas

2021-01-19 16_48_55-Minecraft_ 1.15.2 - Singleplayer.png

6 hours ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Well, it might help if you enable the lightmap associated with the block. Also, why not render a block using BlockRendererDispatcher? Finally, why do you even need to render a custom version of a block?

OK, thats a good idea, Ive managed to do that, now I have two problems:
1)The Lighting, the "blockRenderer.renderBlock" requires a field called "combinedLighting", Ive found the method "mc.worldRenderer.getCombinedLight()"  it requires the a "BlockPos", and a "ILightReader", how can I get the current ILightReader instance?

2) The block is "wobbling" because now I only translate with "stack.translate(0, 60, 1);" what can I do against that? Before, I was translating with:

Vec3d view = mc.gameRenderer.getActiveRenderInfo().getProjectedView();
stack.translate(-view.x, -view.y, -view.z);

6 hours ago, CookieLukas said:

how can I get the current ILightReader instance?

You can look at what implements the interface. You can also infer which classes might need to know the light value (for example, the world).

6 hours ago, CookieLukas said:

2) The block is "wobbling" because now I only translate with "stack.translate(0, 60, 1);" what can I do against that? Before, I was translating with:

To be able to statically project an object, you need to take the position and subtract it from the projected view.