[1.16.4] Get IChunk World / get current World for the overworld.

MistyMarshes

Hello. I was trying to get the World an IChunk is in, on version 1.16.4 (in the WorldCarver's carveRegion method).

Given that that seemed impossible, I'm trying now to do the next best thing for my particular case: get the current World for the OVERWORLD, but I couldn't figure that either.

Do you know how to do any of those?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by MistyMarshes

Is that always the case? I'm in a WorldCarver's carveRegion method. I remember reading some 1.16 mod's code recently were they used the world there, but I don't remember what kind of pattern they used to make it available at that point.

I need it for a couple of reasons. I need to get its server -> ServerWorld -> DimensionSavedManager to start my WorldSavedData, I also want to use its getBiome, and probably a couple more methods. Do I need to look for alternatives?

Edited by MistyMarshes

2 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

WorldSavedData cannot be accessed during world gen.

I see. I used to do it in 1.12 to load some world-dependent worldgen NBT data of my own. How would you go about it for 1.16.4? Do I need to implement my own file subsystem? Maybe capabilities? It is a considerable amount of data (not just some settings).

Edited by MistyMarshes