Issue with using JEI API/Mod in my workspace [SOLVED]

Bluperman949

I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm making a stupid mistake. I've been trying for the last two days or so to set up a modding environment with JEI API and the JEI mod itself in it.

Here are the relevant pieces of my build.gradle:

dependencies {
    minecraft 'net.minecraftforge:forge:1.16.5-36.0.1'

compileOnly fg.deobf("mezz.jei:jei-7.6.1.65:1.16.4:api") { transitive = false }
    runtimeOnly fg.deobf("mezz.jei:jei-7.6.1.65:1.16.4") { transitive = false }

}

repositories {
  maven {
    // location of the maven that hosts JEI files
    name = "Progwml6 maven"
    url = "https://dvs1.progwml6.com/files/maven/"
  }
  maven {
    // location of a maven mirror for JEI files, as a fallback
    name = "ModMaven"
    url = "https://modmaven.k-4u.nl"
  }
}

I'm honestly not sure what the "transitive = false" bit does, but it made the API download properly. The problem is, the mod itself (not the API) isn't being downloaded when I build my project.

Or at least that's what I think is happening. I might be wrong. Anyways, here's the error. It doesn't prevent the client or server from running, it just shows up as a problem and JEI isn't listed as a mod in the client's home screen's "mods" menu.

image.thumb.png.612fd8574b9f0bfd25088a77326dfe2c.png

This error used to appear twice, once for each missing library, but one of them is fine now that I added that "transitive = false" bit of text and built my project again. Given that I don't see JEI when I run the client, I'm guessing it's the API that downloaded properly and the mod that's missing.

When I say "built my project" I mean that I ran "gradlew eclipse" and "gradlew genEclipseRuns" from cmd with the working directory set in my mod's workspace.

EDIT:

Could not resolve: mezz.jei:jei-7.6.1.65:1.16.4_mapped_snapshot_20201028-1.16.3

I just found this at the end of the output for gradlew eclipse. So yes, it's not able to download this file.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? If I left out any important information please let me know. Thanks!

Edited by Bluperman949
Added quote from build

Ok. Sorry for wasting your time if you came here to help. The issue was something gradle-related. I hadn't added a Gradle Nature to my project in eclipse so it just didn't work properly. If you're having this issue on eclipse, try right-clicking your project, clicking "add gradle nature", and then building it again. I'll mark this as solved now.