[solved] Meta Data:

Zedicus

Currently I have my block (It has a tile entity) using a custom renderer, basically it should be able to face the 'four cardinal points' so to speak, it also has 4 different textures (one for each wood type). However the meta data only varies between 0 and 3 which is the 'birch + direction' section. Here's the code:

The recipes:

GameRegistry.addShapedRecipe(new ItemStack(BlockLoader.blockWriter, 1, 0), "xyx", "y y", "xyx", 'x', dirtStack, 'y', gravelStack);
	GameRegistry.addShapedRecipe(new ItemStack(BlockLoader.blockWriter, 1, 3), "yxy", "y y", "xyx", 'x', dirtStack, 'y', gravelStack);
	GameRegistry.addShapedRecipe(new ItemStack(BlockLoader.blockWriter, 1, 7), "yyy", "y y", "xyx", 'x', dirtStack, 'y', gravelStack);
	GameRegistry.addShapedRecipe(new ItemStack(BlockLoader.blockWriter, 1, 11), "xxx", "y y", "xyx", 'x', dirtStack, 'y', gravelStack);

The block:

public class BlockWriter extends BlockContainer {

public BlockWriter(int par1) {
	super(par1, Material.wood);
	setCreativeTab(WriterLoader.creativetab);
}

@Override
public TileEntity createNewTileEntity(World world) {

return new TileEntityWriter();

}

public boolean shouldSideBeRendered(IBlockAccess iblockaccess, int i, int j, int k, int l)
{
   return false;
}

public boolean isOpaqueCube()
{
   return false;
}

public void onBlockPlacedBy(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, EntityLiving par5EntityLiving, ItemStack par6ItemStack)
    {
        int l = MathHelper.floor_double((double)(par5EntityLiving.rotationYaw * 4.0F / 360.0F) + 0.5D) & 3;
        int meta = par1World.getBlockMetadata(par2, par3, par4);

if (l == 0)
        {
            par1World.setBlockMetadataWithNotify(par2, par3, par4, meta + 0, 2);
        }

if (l == 1)
        {
            par1World.setBlockMetadataWithNotify(par2, par3, par4, meta + 1, 2);
        }

if (l == 2)
        {
            par1World.setBlockMetadataWithNotify(par2, par3, par4, meta + 2, 2);
        }

if (l == 3)
        {
            par1World.setBlockMetadataWithNotify(par2, par3, par4, meta + 3, 2);
        }
    }
}

The renderer:

public class RendererWriter extends TileEntitySpecialRenderer {

ModelWriter model = new ModelWriter();

public void renderTileEntityAt(TileEntity tileEntity, double d, double d1, double d2, float f) {
        GL11.glPushMatrix();
         GL11.glTranslatef((float)d, (float)d1, (float)d2);
         TileEntityWriter tileEntityWriter = (TileEntityWriter)tileEntity;     
         renderBlockWriter(tileEntityWriter, tileEntity.worldObj, tileEntity.xCoord, tileEntity.yCoord, tileEntity.zCoord, BlockLoader.blockWriter);
        GL11.glPopMatrix();
    }

public void renderBlockWriter(TileEntityWriter tl, World world, int i, int j, int k, Block block) {
        Tessellator tessellator = Tessellator.instance;

float f = block.getBlockBrightness(world, i, j, k);
        int l = world.getLightBrightnessForSkyBlocks(i, j, k, 0);
        int l1 = l % 65536;
        int l2 = l / 65536;
        tessellator.setColorOpaque_F(f, f, f);
        OpenGlHelper.setLightmapTextureCoords(OpenGlHelper.lightmapTexUnit, (float)l1, (float)l2); 

int meta = world.getBlockMetadata(i, j, k);

GL11.glPushMatrix();
         GL11.glTranslatef(0.5F, 1.5f, 0.5F);
         GL11.glRotatef(180f, 1f, 0f, 0f);

//Where the texture's chosen.
         if(meta >= 0 && meta < 4) {
         bindTextureByName("/mods/writer/textures/blocks/ModelWriterBirch.png");
         }
         if(meta >= 4 && meta <  {
             bindTextureByName("/mods/writer/textures/blocks/ModelWriterPine.png");
         }
         if(meta >= 8 && meta < 12) {
             bindTextureByName("/mods/writer/textures/blocks/ModelWriterOak.png");
         }
         if(meta >= 12 && meta < 16) {
             bindTextureByName("/mods/writer/textures/blocks/ModelWriterJungle.png");
         }

//This is where the rotation dependent on direction will most likely end up happening. (Obviously not ready)
         if(meta == 0 || meta == 4 || meta == 9 || meta == 13) {}

if(meta == 0 || meta == 4 || meta == 9 || meta == 13) {
         }

}

}

this.model.render((Entity)null, 0.0F, 0.0F, -0.1F, 0.0F, 0.0F, 0.0625F);

GL11.glPopMatrix();
    }
}

Thanks

GameRegistry.addShapedRecipe(new ItemStack(BlockLoader.blockWriter, 1, 0), "xyx", "y y", "xyx", 'x', dirtStack, 'y', gravelStack);
	GameRegistry.addShapedRecipe(new ItemStack(BlockLoader.blockWriter, 1, 3), "yxy", "y y", "xyx", 'x', dirtStack, 'y', gravelStack);
	GameRegistry.addShapedRecipe(new ItemStack(BlockLoader.blockWriter, 1, 7), "yyy", "y y", "xyx", 'x', dirtStack, 'y', gravelStack);
	GameRegistry.addShapedRecipe(new ItemStack(BlockLoader.blockWriter, 1, 11), "xxx", "y y", "xyx", 'x', dirtStack, 'y', gravelStack);

So the first one is for metadata's 0, 1, 2...wait, that's only three!

In your onBlockPlacedBy function, you might want to debug-log the initial metadata number and the resulting one to see what's going on.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

It's fairly silly, whilst I was making this post it was 0, 4, etc and in my sleep-deprived state I thought it was a mistake, haha, changed it back - I'll have a look into the onBlockPlacedBy method, one second.

EDIT: It would appear the recipes aren't doing much, the base metadata (changed the code a little for ease)

//Set it to base meta then I have a separate variables with + 1, +2, etc.
        if (l == 1)
        {
            par1World.setBlockMetadataWithNotify(par2, par3, par4, meta1, 2);
            System.out.println("Meta " + meta + " : " + "Meta1 " + meta1);
        }

The 'recipe' based metadata's always 0.

The 'recipe' based metadata's always 0.

Don't know.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.