Textures and LanguageRegistry in preInit instead of Init

sorash67

Nothing, actually. I thought I did change something, but I can't find it after comparing my 1.5.2 code with 758. Also, put everything in preInit, but remember that preInit is no longer called that. Instead, it should be:

@EventHandler
public void load(FMLPreInitializationEvent event) {}

It is still the FMLPreInitializationEvent, but this goes inside @EventHandler.

i don't think FMLPreInitializationEvent is the load method... the FMLInitialization is!

-sorash67 || Skorpio

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think FMLPreInitializationEvent is the load method... the FMLInitialization is!

You would be correct.

But guess what, we're talking PRE init, not init.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

You would be correct.

he called his preInit method load, that's all  i meant! jeez.

you're probably putting languageregistry before you declare your block!

What do you mean before I declared the block.  Shouldn't block declaration still be in Init?

the block should always be registered before its name, and now that the name is in preInit, then the block goes in preInit as well! anyways, the textures seem to be only working when the block is declared in preInit!

-sorash67 || Skorpio

You said you got it working by changing your code but did not give it to us.

yes i did explain that i declared my blocks and items in preInit and also put their names in the preInit as well! i don't think that explanation needs any code to show what it means...

-sorash67 || Skorpio

You would be correct.

He can call his preInit method Ooh_Eeh_Ooh_Ah_Aah_Ting_Tang_Walla_Walla_Bing_Bang and have absolutely ZERO impact on the outcome.

As I mentioned before:

Function names and variable names are entirely irrelevant.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

You would be correct.

He can call his preInit method Ooh_Eeh_Ooh_Ah_Aah_Ting_Tang_Walla_Walla_Bing_Bang and have absolutely ZERO impact on the outcome.

As I mentioned before:

Function names and variable names are entirely irrelevant.

if i have to mention this again, i will! i am COMPLETELY AWARE of this. the reason for me saying that is to reduce confusion.

-sorash67 || Skorpio

I just said, I declared my blocks and items and it still gave me the error.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it.  The only thing that I can't figure out is that when I put on my mod's armor, it doesn't show up on my body.

Don't tell me to learn the basics of java, I already know.

if i have to mention this again, i will! i am COMPLETELY AWARE of this. the reason for me saying that is to reduce confusion.

You don't seem like it:

Him: "This is my preinit function"

You: "It's named wrong!!!!"

I just said, I declared my blocks and items and it still gave me the error.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it.  The only thing that I can't figure out is that when I put on my mod's armor, it doesn't show up on my body.

having the same problem, looking for a fix!

You don't seem like it:

Him: "This is my preinit function"

You: "It's named wrong!!!!"

it would be really nice if you stopped talking about irrelevant topics and helped solve the problems that we all have instead.

-sorash67 || Skorpio

It would be really nice if you stopped talking about irrelevant topics and helped solve the problems that we all have instead.

Two things:

1) I can't solve the problem as I have the problem and you don't

2) Right back at you.  Stop telling people they named their functions wrong when it's completely and utterly irrelevant.

Alright guys, chill out. What problems do we still have?

All of them.

None of my block names are getting localized and I still don't have textures coming in.

And I've done fuckeverything mentioned in this thread and two others.

Interestingly enough, it appears that loading the block/items inside of your Init method will not initialize the textures/localizations. If you move them to the PreInit method, everything works perfectly fine. It appears that on the texture side of things, if you place them inside of your Init method then registerIcons(IconRegister) is never called.

Interestingly enough, it appears that loading the block/items inside of your Init method will not initialize the textures/localizations. If you move them to the PreInit method, everything works perfectly fine. It appears that on the texture side of things, if you place them inside of your Init method then registerIcons(IconRegister) is never called.

seems like this is what's happening! but we've kinda figured that out since a while ago! x)

-sorash67 || Skorpio

Not sure what you did, but I put the code in, and then the textures in, and everything worked fine. Cool mod btw. Anyways, the only thing I can think of is that you put the textures in the wrong place. To try to make things easier, the destination of invisible.png is at forge/mcp/src/minecraft/assets/traps/textures/blocks/invisible.png. Hope I helped.

If you really want help, give that modder a thank you.

Modders LOVE thank yous.

Not sure what you did, but I put the code in, and then the textures in, and everything worked fine. Cool mod btw. Anyways, the only thing I can think of is that you put the textures in the wrong place. To try to make things easier, the destination of invisible.png is at forge/mcp/src/minecraft/assets/traps/textures/blocks/invisible.png. Hope I helped.

if you look at his assets folder, you can see he already did that... O.o

-sorash67 || Skorpio