downloading scala library and compiler when launching game every time. (1.6.1)

install forge from minecraft forge installer.

launching forge from new launcher and game is runnable.

but scala library and compiler is downloading every time.

and my network is very slow. so, loading time is too late.

can i change to skip download if already has files?

Mojang issue not ours, there launcher is what download the libraries.

Really?  Hmm..... Are you sure?  Doesn't look like it to me.

Finished downloading C:\Users\Danny\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\scala-lang\scala-library\2.10.2\scala-library-2.10.2.jar for job 'Version & Libraries': Didn't have etag so assuming our copy is good

Finished downloading C:\Users\Danny\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\scala-lang\scala-compiler\2.10.2\scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar for job 'Version & Libraries': Didn't have etag so assuming our copy is good

Note the "Didn't have etag" part of the message?  Minecraft Launcher is looking for a etag.  A  header which s3.amazonaws.com returns and files.minecraftforge.net does not. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_ETag

Quick fix edit the .jason file and look for all occurrences of "url": and change it to //"url": this will stop it from downloading the file from files.minecraftforge.net,  it will then try to get it from s3.amazonaws.com which does not have the file and it will use the local copy which it does anyway.  Hopefully forge will figure out how to fix this on there server and it will work correctly on the next version.

This is nothing to do with our servers.

Libraries are not downloaded from our servers.

The issue is Mojang's launcher doesn't support standard maven repos and instead builds its information off AWS specific setup.

I've spoken to Grum about this, and its on them to fix it.

All they need to do is, if the server doesn't have a ETag, download the .md5 file thats alongside the library.

If you'll notice, in your config, you're downloading from Maven Central, NOT our servers.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

If you'll notice, in your config, you're downloading from Maven Central, NOT our servers.

My bad you are correct on the server being repo.maven.apache.org, sorry.

I saw the first entry

{

"name": "net.minecraftforge:minecraftforge:8.9.0.761",

"url": "http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/"

},

and did not notice the at later ones were for the other site.

We are getting an error on this one

Finished downloading C:\Users\Danny\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\net\minecraftforge\minecraftforge\8.9.0.761\minecraftforge-8.9.0.761.jar for job 'Version & Libraries': Couldn't connect to server (responded with 404) but have local file, assuming it's good

Ya currently they dont have a option for 'downt download this file' but meh.

The 404 error is because we don't host Forge like that.

It's not a issue and should only result in that single line in the log.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon