[1.16.5] ItemStack renderer

SSKirillSS

Hello. I simply want to render my own texture like a regular itemstack (with 3D-effect) without creating an own item or model for it. Here is how itementity renderers:
1610912596926.png.d53b0cc9963a6d573e9184321c93aae5.png

On this screenshot you can see that by default it creates something like depth effect for making it looks like an 3D-thing. And here is my example. In this case I just draw plain texture via vertexes:
1610912685587.png.b3194e4f67476488768a1a41836587e3.png

So, As a result I want to render my floating shields like itemstack, but this is not actually an item, this is just texture, and, as I understand, I can't use in this case something like it (because this is not an item):

Minecraft.getInstance().getItemRenderer().renderItem()

I've tried to analyze code of itemstack rendering, but it looks too complicated and contains a lot of references from other classes, so, I can't simply understand which part of rendering I should analyze.

I think that the LayerRenderer is what you need. check for instance the ElytraLayer to get an example.

in there just override the render method, check if the entity should have the layer rendered, and if it should, draw the objects (note that the rendering code is somewhat complicated, nothing that brute force won't fix)

and then to "register" the layer, you can simply add a new instance of it to the player, under the RenderPlayerEvent (note: don't do this on the server side, only on the client side)

Edited by kiou.23