[1.16] How do you add recipes that depends on the ingredients?

crischu

The method I'm using to add recipes is creating json files as recommended. However this method doesn't seem ideal for working with "dynamic" recipes (meaning recipes that depends on the ingredients).

How would you register recipes in a way that lets you access the ingredients' information and edit the result appropriately? 

Edit: There is probably a guide somewhere for this, but can't find it for this version. If anyone can provide a link that would be more than enough.

Thanks!

Edited by crischu

24 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Make your own IRecipeSerializer and IRecipe implementation.

I can't seem to find any examples of this, I'm guessing the ingredient list now goes in the "match" function of IRecipe, but most of the methods I wouldn't know how to complete, namely IRecipe.getId, IRecipe.getSerializer, IRecipe.getType, and the methods of IRecipeSerializer.

I think I'd need to see a minimal working example of these classes implemented.

52 minutes ago, crischu said:

I can't seem to find any examples of this, I'm guessing the ingredient list now goes in the "match" function of IRecipe, but most of the methods I wouldn't know how to complete, namely IRecipe.getId, IRecipe.getSerializer, IRecipe.getType, and the methods of IRecipeSerializer.

I think I'd need to see a minimal working example of these classes implemented.

you have examples in the vanilla source code, check the Shapeless or Shaped crafting recipe classes for instance. (not the builder classes, the builders are for the data generation, and since you are writing the jsons by hand, you won't need them)

- you will need to register the serializer and use the registered instance in IRecipe#getSerializer. you can do this using deffered registers

- you'll also need to register a recipe type, and use the registered instance in IRecipe#getType. there isn't a deffered register for recipe types, so you'll need to subscribe to the RecipeSerializer registry event and use IRecipeType#register, to register the recipe type

- for IRecipe#getId you need to return the ResourceLocation that's passed to the class in the constructor.

after that you can change the type in the json to match your recipe type name (e.g.: "mymod:myrecipetype")

for the serializer class you'll need to handle writing and reading to packet buffers, and deserializing the json recipe's into an instance of the recipe. the vanilla classes have all examples you need to figure how these methods can be implemented.

Edited by kiou.23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kiou.23 said:

you have examples in the vanilla source code, check the Shapeless or Shaped crafting recipe classes for instance. (not the builder classes, the builders are for the data generation, and since you are writing the jsons by hand, you won't need them)

- you will need to register the serializer and use the registered instance in IRecipe#getSerializer. you can do this using deffered registers

- you'll also need to register a recipe type, and use the registered instance in IRecipe#getType. there isn't a deffered register for recipe types, so you'll need to subscribe to the RecipeSerializer registry event and use IRecipeType#register, to register the recipe type

- for IRecipe#getId you need to return the ResourceLocation that's passed to the class in the constructor.

after that you can change the type in the json to match your recipe type name (e.g.: "mymod:myrecipetype")

for the serializer class you'll need to handle writing and reading to packet buffers, and deserializing the json recipe's into an instance of the recipe. the vanilla classes have all examples you need to figure how these methods can be implemented.

Thank you. And once I defined my recipe class how do I register it in the game?

19 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

You only need to register the recipe serializer. And because it is an IForgeRegistryEntry you register it the same way you do any other registry entry:

https://mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/concepts/registries/

I tried, but it is not recognizing my recipe type, I get "Invalid or unsupported recipe type" error message. How do I point to my recipe from the json if the recipe type I used is just IRecipeType.CRAFTING?

5 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

The recipe type is entirely irrelevant in the JSON. The JSON needs to specify the recipe serializer, which reads the JSON and then the result of that is what determines the recipe type.

So how should the JSON look like then? Mine looked like:

{
	"type": recipeid
}

where recipe id is the one specified in IRecipe.getId. And removing the type raises "com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: Missing type, expected to find a string"

26 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Then you need to post more of your code.

Your whole JSON file and all of your recipe and registration code. Ideally just your Mod as a Git repo.

This is the code https://github.com/crisdesivo/Elemental_Chaos, a lot of stuff is unused, I'm just trying stuff to see what works and what doesn't.

The recipe I'm interested in is in com.example.elementalchaos.elementalItems.recipes.RechargeRecipe.java, the registration code is in RegistryHandler, the JSON is com.example.elementalchaos.elementalItems.recipes.recharge.json, and the serializer is defined at com/example/elementalchaos/elementalItems/recipes/ModRecipes.java

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Hello. I've been having a problem when launching minecraft forge. It just doesn't open the game, and leaves me with this "(exit code 1)" error. Both regular and optifine versions of minecraft launch just fine, tried both with 1.18.2 and 1.20.1. I can assure that my drivers are updated so that can't be it, and i've tried using Java 17, 18 and 21 to no avail. Even with no mods installed, the thing won't launch. I'll leave the log here, although it's in spanish: https://jmp.sh/s/FPqGBSi30fzKJDt2M1gc My specs are this: Ryzen 3 4100 || Radeon R9 280x || 16gb ram || Windows 10 I'd appreciate any help, thank you in advance.
    • Hey, Me and my friends decided to start up a Server with "a few" mods, the last few days everything went well we used all the items we wanted. Now our Game crashes the moment we touch a Lava Bucket inside our Inventory. It just instantly closes and gives me an "Alc Cleanup"  Crash screen (Using GDLauncher). I honestly dont have a clue how to resolve this error. If anyone could help id really appreciate it, I speak German and Englisch so you can choose whatever you speak more fluently. Thanks in Advance. Plus I dont know how to link my Crash Report help for that would be nice too whoops
    • I hosted a minecraft server and I modded it, and there is always an error on the console which closes the server. If someone knows how to repair it, it would be amazing. Thank you. I paste the crash report down here: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- WARNING: coremods are present:   llibrary (llibrary-core-1.0.11-1.12.2.jar)   WolfArmorCore (WolfArmorAndStorage-1.12.2-3.8.0-universal-signed.jar)   AstralCore (astralsorcery-1.12.2-1.10.27.jar)   CreativePatchingLoader (CreativeCore_v1.10.71_mc1.12.2.jar)   SecurityCraftLoadingPlugin ([1.12.2] SecurityCraft v1.9.8.jar)   ForgelinPlugin (Forgelin-1.8.4.jar)   midnight (themidnight-0.3.5.jar)   FutureMC (Future-MC-0.2.19.jar)   SpartanWeaponry-MixinLoader (SpartanWeaponry-1.12.2-1.5.3.jar)   Backpacked (backpacked-1.4.3-1.12.2.jar)   LoadingPlugin (Reskillable-1.12.2-1.13.0.jar)   LoadingPlugin (Bloodmoon-MC1.12.2-1.5.3.jar) Contact their authors BEFORE contacting forge // There are four lights! Time: 3/28/24 12:17 PM Description: Exception in server tick loop net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/multiplayer/WorldClient     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.AutomaticEventSubscriber.inject(AutomaticEventSubscriber.java:89)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:612)     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor10.invoke(Unknown Source)     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)     at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)     at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)     at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)     at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)     at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)     at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)     at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:219)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:197)     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)     at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)     at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)     at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)     at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)     at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)     at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)     at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:136)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:595)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:98)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:333)     at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:125)     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:486)     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750) Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/multiplayer/WorldClient     at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)     at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2701)     at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2902)     at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:1615)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.register(EventBus.java:82)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.AutomaticEventSubscriber.inject(AutomaticEventSubscriber.java:82)     ... 31 more Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)     ... 37 more Caused by: net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.ASMTransformerWrapper$TransformerException: Exception in class transformer net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.transformers.SideTransformer@4e558728 from coremod FMLCorePlugin     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.ASMTransformerWrapper$TransformerWrapper.transform(ASMTransformerWrapper.java:260)     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:279)     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:176)     ... 39 more Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class bsb for invalid side SERVER     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.transformers.SideTransformer.transform(SideTransformer.java:62)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.ASMTransformerWrapper$TransformerWrapper.transform(ASMTransformerWrapper.java:256)     ... 41 more A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Details -- Details:     Minecraft Version: 1.12.2     Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 5.10.0-28-cloud-amd64     Java Version: 1.8.0_382, Temurin     Java VM Version: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Temurin     Memory: 948745536 bytes (904 MB) / 1564999680 bytes (1492 MB) up to 7635730432 bytes (7282 MB)     JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx8192M -Xms256M     IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0     FML: MCP 9.42 Powered by Forge 14.23.5.2860 63 mods loaded, 63 mods active     States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored     | State | ID                 | Version                 | Source                                                | Signature                                |     |:----- |:------------------ |:----------------------- |:----------------------------------------------------- |:---------------------------------------- |     | LC    | minecraft          | 1.12.2                  | minecraft.jar                                         | None                                     |     | LC    | mcp                | 9.42                    | minecraft.jar                                         | None                                     |     | LC    | FML                | 8.0.99.99               | forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2860.jar                         | e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557 |     | LC    | forge              | 14.23.5.2860            | forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2860.jar                         | e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557 |     | LC    | creativecoredummy  | 1.0.0                   | minecraft.jar                                         | None                                     |     | LC    | backpacked         | 1.4.2                   | backpacked-1.4.3-1.12.2.jar                           | None                                     |     | LC    | itemblacklist      | 1.4.3                   | ItemBlacklist-1.4.3.jar                               | None                                     |     | LC    | securitycraft      | v1.9.8                  | [1.12.2] SecurityCraft v1.9.8.jar                     | None                                     |     | LC    | aiimprovements     | 0.0.1.3                 | AIImprovements-1.12-0.0.1b3.jar                       | None                                     |     | LC    | jei                | 4.16.1.301              | jei_1.12.2-4.16.1.301.jar                             | None                                     |     | LC    | appleskin          | 1.0.14                  | AppleSkin-mc1.12-1.0.14.jar                           | None                                     |     | LC    | baubles            | 1.5.2                   | Baubles-1.12-1.5.2.jar                                | None                                     |     | LC    | astralsorcery      | 1.10.27                 | astralsorcery-1.12.2-1.10.27.jar                      | a0f0b759d895c15ceb3e3bcb5f3c2db7c582edf0 |     | LC    | attributefix       | 1.0.12                  | AttributeFix-Forge-1.12.2-1.0.12.jar                  | None                                     |     | LC    | atum               | 2.0.20                  | Atum-1.12.2-2.0.20.jar                                | None                                     |     | LC    | bloodmoon          | 1.5.3                   | Bloodmoon-MC1.12.2-1.5.3.jar                          | d72e0dd57935b3e9476212aea0c0df352dd76291 |     | LC    | forgelin           | 1.8.4                   | Forgelin-1.8.4.jar                                    | None                                     |     | LC    | bountiful          | 2.2.2                   | Bountiful-2.2.2.jar                                   | None                                     |     | LC    | camera             | 1.0.10                  | camera-1.0.10.jar                                     | None                                     |     | LC    | chisel             | MC1.12.2-1.0.2.45       | Chisel-MC1.12.2-1.0.2.45.jar                          | None                                     |     | LC    | collective         | 3.0                     | collective-1.12.2-3.0.jar                             | None                                     |     | LC    | reskillable        | 1.12.2-1.13.0           | Reskillable-1.12.2-1.13.0.jar                         | None                                     |     | LC    | compatskills       | 1.12.2-1.17.0           | CompatSkills-1.12.2-1.17.0.jar                        | None                                     |     | LC    | creativecore       | 1.10.0                  | CreativeCore_v1.10.71_mc1.12.2.jar                    | None                                     |     | LC    | customnpcs         | 1.12                    | CustomNPCs_1.12.2-(05Jul20).jar                       | None                                     |     | LC    | darknesslib        | 1.1.2                   | DarknessLib-1.12.2-1.1.2.jar                          | 220f10d3a93b3ff5fbaa7434cc629d863d6751b9 |     | LC    | dungeonsmod        | @VERSION@               | DungeonsMod-1.12.2-1.0.8.jar                          | None                                     |     | LC    | enhancedvisuals    | 1.3.0                   | EnhancedVisuals_v1.4.4_mc1.12.2.jar                   | None                                     |     | LC    | extrautils2        | 1.0                     | extrautils2-1.12-1.9.9.jar                            | None                                     |     | LC    | futuremc           | 0.2.6                   | Future-MC-0.2.19.jar                                  | None                                     |     | LC    | geckolib3          | 3.0.30                  | geckolib-forge-1.12.2-3.0.31.jar                      | None                                     |     | LC    | gottschcore        | 1.15.1                  | GottschCore-mc1.12.2-f14.23.5.2859-v1.15.1.jar        | None                                     |     | LC    | hardcorerevival    | 1.2.0                   | HardcoreRevival_1.12.2-1.2.0.jar                      | None                                     |     | LC    | waila              | 1.8.26                  | Hwyla-1.8.26-B41_1.12.2.jar                           | None                                     |     | LE    | imsm               | 1.12                    | Instant Massive Structures Mod 1.12.2.jar             | None                                     |     | L     | journeymap         | 1.12.2-5.7.1p2          | journeymap-1.12.2-5.7.1p2.jar                         | None                                     |     | L     | mobsunscreen       | @version@               | mobsunscreen-1.12.2-3.1.5.jar                         | None                                     |     | L     | morpheus           | 1.12.2-3.5.106          | Morpheus-1.12.2-3.5.106.jar                           | None                                     |     | L     | llibrary           | 1.7.20                  | llibrary-1.7.20-1.12.2.jar                            | None                                     |     | L     | mowziesmobs        | 1.5.8                   | mowziesmobs-1.5.8.jar                                 | None                                     |     | L     | nocubessrparmory   | 3.0.0                   | NoCubes_SRP_Combat_Addon_3.0.0.jar                    | None                                     |     | L     | nocubessrpnests    | 3.0.0                   | NoCubes_SRP_Nests_Addon_3.0.0.jar                     | None                                     |     | L     | nocubessrpsurvival | 3.0.0                   | NoCubes_SRP_Survival_Addon_3.0.0.jar                  | None                                     |     | L     | nocubesrptweaks    | V4.1                    | nocubesrptweaks-V4.1.jar                              | None                                     |     | L     | patchouli          | 1.0-23.6                | Patchouli-1.0-23.6.jar                                | None                                     |     | L     | artifacts          | 1.1.2                   | RLArtifacts-1.1.2.jar                                 | None                                     |     | L     | rsgauges           | 1.2.8                   | rsgauges-1.12.2-1.2.8.jar                             | None                                     |     | L     | rustic             | 1.1.7                   | rustic-1.1.7.jar                                      | None                                     |     | L     | silentlib          | 3.0.13                  | SilentLib-1.12.2-3.0.14+168.jar                       | None                                     |     | L     | scalinghealth      | 1.3.37                  | ScalingHealth-1.12.2-1.3.42+147.jar                   | None                                     |     | L     | lteleporters       | 1.12.2-3.0.2            | simpleteleporters-1.12.2-3.0.2.jar                    | None                                     |     | L     | spartanshields     | 1.5.5                   | SpartanShields-1.12.2-1.5.5.jar                       | None                                     |     | L     | spartanweaponry    | 1.5.3                   | SpartanWeaponry-1.12.2-1.5.3.jar                      | None                                     |     | L     | srparasites        | 1.9.18                  | SRParasites-1.12.2v1.9.18.jar                         | None                                     |     | L     | treasure2          | 2.2.0                   | Treasure2-mc1.12.2-f14.23.5.2859-v2.2.1.jar           | None                                     |     | L     | treeharvester      | 4.0                     | treeharvester_1.12.2-4.0.jar                          | None                                     |     | L     | twilightforest     | 3.11.1021               | twilightforest-1.12.2-3.11.1021-universal.jar         | None                                     |     | L     | variedcommodities  | 1.12.2                  | VariedCommodities_1.12.2-(31Mar23).jar                | None                                     |     | L     | voicechat          | 1.12.2-2.4.32           | voicechat-forge-1.12.2-2.4.32.jar                     | None                                     |     | L     | wolfarmor          | 3.8.0                   | WolfArmorAndStorage-1.12.2-3.8.0-universal-signed.jar | None                                     |     | L     | worldborder        | 2.3                     | worldborder_1.12.2-2.3.jar                            | None                                     |     | L     | midnight           | 0.3.5                   | themidnight-0.3.5.jar                                 | None                                     |     | L     | structurize        | 1.12.2-0.10.277-RELEASE | structurize-1.12.2-0.10.277-RELEASE.jar               | None                                     |     Loaded coremods (and transformers):  llibrary (llibrary-core-1.0.11-1.12.2.jar)   net.ilexiconn.llibrary.server.core.plugin.LLibraryTransformer   net.ilexiconn.llibrary.server.core.patcher.LLibraryRuntimePatcher WolfArmorCore (WolfArmorAndStorage-1.12.2-3.8.0-universal-signed.jar)    AstralCore (astralsorcery-1.12.2-1.10.27.jar)    CreativePatchingLoader (CreativeCore_v1.10.71_mc1.12.2.jar)    SecurityCraftLoadingPlugin ([1.12.2] SecurityCraft v1.9.8.jar)    ForgelinPlugin (Forgelin-1.8.4.jar)    midnight (themidnight-0.3.5.jar)   com.mushroom.midnight.core.transformer.MidnightClassTransformer FutureMC (Future-MC-0.2.19.jar)   thedarkcolour.futuremc.asm.CoreTransformer SpartanWeaponry-MixinLoader (SpartanWeaponry-1.12.2-1.5.3.jar)    Backpacked (backpacked-1.4.3-1.12.2.jar)   com.mrcrayfish.backpacked.asm.BackpackedTransformer LoadingPlugin (Reskillable-1.12.2-1.13.0.jar)   codersafterdark.reskillable.base.asm.ClassTransformer LoadingPlugin (Bloodmoon-MC1.12.2-1.5.3.jar)   lumien.bloodmoon.asm.ClassTransformer     Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)     Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml,forge'     Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)
    • When i add mods like falling leaves, visuality and kappas shaders, even if i restart Minecraft they dont show up in the mods menu and they dont work
    • Delete the forge-client.toml file in your config folder  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.