Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Projectile Entity Constructor Missing Access Level Modifier Preventing Direct Extension

4 minutes ago, Iron1601 said:

What's the return type of a constructor? stack overflow says void which by the forge docs means that no return type is needed?

Yes, its void. No idea why the docs say that, it is not true.

4 minutes ago, Iron1601 said:

And yes I agree there is no reason to AT your code but this was just a temporary measure just to not cause any other errors.

What?

No idea why the docs say that, it is not true

So I do need a return type in the AT.

What?

I made a new project to make sure the only things that could be a problem was the AT and AT'd the Mod class to not mess with minecraft or forge's internal libraries. In general I don't think that matters a whole lot since that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I'm looking to make the constructor of ProjectileEntity public or at least protected and im getting

line 1:30 no viable alternative at input 'public net.minecraft.entity.projectile.ProjectileEntity <init>(Lnet/minecraft/entity/EntityType;Lnet/minecraft/world/World;)'
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: 
    at net.minecraftforge.accesstransformer.parser.AtParserErrorListener.syntaxError(AtParserErrorListener.java:8)

which to me means that there is a syntax error.  I haven't managed to locate the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

I meant the AT'd mod class wasn't the problem, the AT is almost certainly the problem. Excuse me if that wasn't clear. I would imagine this is a solvable problem just by someone that knows the syntax.

Edited by Iron1601

I apologize for this dragging on however, it appears the winning formula is 

public net.minecraft.entity.projectile.ProjectileEntity <init>(Lnet/minecraft/entity/EntityType;Lnet/minecraft/world/World;)V

With your context clues, other AT's and patience I found this working.

Thanks for the help.