weird texture bug - textures missing, but still loading...

GhostSnyperRecon

right, ive got my mod upto date on the latest forge, but when i run it, the console spams errors such as

2013-07-05 16:52:38 [sEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] Using missing texture, unable to load: nature:textures/items/ingotTitanium.png
2013-07-05 16:52:38 [sEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] Using missing texture, unable to load: nature:textures/items/strangeDust.png
2013-07-05 16:52:38 [sEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] Using missing texture, unable to load: nature:textures/items/fibre.png
2013-07-05 16:52:38 [sEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] Using missing texture, unable to load: nature:textures/items/oilDrop.png

yet they still all appear in game as what they are meant to look like, any suggestions? or is it just a bug with the latest version?

Is your item registration in preinit? I believe that's what causes the errors. There was a bug where you had to have it in preinit when forge was first released for 1.6, but that's not the case with the more recent versions.

But blocks should be registered in preInt :)

Mod.EventHandler Javadoc [Reformatted for forums]

These suggestions are mostly just suggestions on what to do in each event.

• FMLPreInitializationEvent: Run before anything else. Read your config, create blocks, items, etc, and register them with the GameRegistry
  • FMLInitializationEvent: Do your mod setup. Build whatever data structures you care about. Register recipes, send FMLInterModComms messages to other mods.
  • FMLPostInitializationEvent: Handle interaction with other mods, complete your setup based on this.

The old bug prevented you from registering them anywhere else by not loading the textures at all if you did.

This bug however is nothing but log spam.

Textures are found, loaded, and used But the logs report them missing.

You can ignore it as its wrong but hopefully its fixed when 1.6 builds become recommended.

I am on 771 and the changelog for 773 might be referring to what is causing this.

EDIT:

nope 773 wasn't referring to this as it still exists in build 775

still around in 776, I wonder if it has anything to do with

[WARNING] <modname> is missing a pack.mcmeta file, things may not work well