1.16.4 Forge exit code 0

Jakanman

Just now, diesieben07 said:

The Curse installer folder is not relevant. You need to look in the Minecraft instance folder it creates (equivalent of .minecraft).

Do you have Java installed? How are you running the installer?

I have it installed. I've even reinstalled at least a few times. I tried running it by simply double clicking or even via the command prompt in which case I got the error "Error: Unable to access jarfile".

3 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

The Curse installer folder is not relevant. You need to look in the Minecraft instance folder it creates (equivalent of .minecraft).

Not in there either. I've even tried to create a logs folder myself and tried to run the game again, nothing.

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

Post a screenshot of this folder.

image.png.ed900920f95532a5d1fd685814c8c113.png
Here's the folder.

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Some zip managers like to take control of the .jar file extension away from Java.
Make sure you have Java installed and try running Jarfix once, then try the installer again.

Still the same, can't open the jarfile.

13 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Then the jar file does not exist in that folder.

I've figured out the issue. It appears special characters in my windows user name prevents it from finding the file. I literally put the jar in C:\ and used the command line to run it. It opened the forge jar. I hit install client and it seems to be downloading the forge files now. Thank you for your help and I'm sorry this took quite long. Have a great day! 

image.png