Mods aren't loading on Forge 1.16.5 server

KBomb

I'm starting the server using the "minecraft_server.1.16.5.jar". I know that other many sources say to use a .bat instead but I couldn't get the .bat to work. Also, I may be wrong to say this, but I don't think it really matters if I use a .bat. 

I figured you’d say that lol. I tried to run that already after you said I need to run Forge.jar, I think that something is happening after running Forge.jar. However, I would think that I would see a server console window appear after running. I don’t see that though.

I really do appreciate all your help. Running the command I asked about above did the trick. The server console has opened and the mods have been successfully loaded on 1G and is running smoothly. My final question is, do you recommend that I create a .bat file with the command below for whenever I wish to launch my server again:

java -Xms1G -Xmx1G -jar forge-1.16.5-36.0.42.jar

The last time I used a .bat with a similar command, the prompt said that Forge.jar could not be found. So would I have to put in a cd to the server folder before the command above?