[1.16.5] How to make EnchantedBook go to Custom ItemGroup

samjviana

On 3/1/2021 at 5:07 AM, diesieben07 said:
  • If you have a custom EnchantmentType, you can use ItemGroup#setRelevantEnchantmentTypes to set which enchanted books are shown there.
  • If you don't (or can't make) a custom EnchantmentType, override the fill method in your ItemGroup and add whatever ItemStacks you want to the list. This won't prevent the books from showing up in other ItemGroups though, which you cannot prevent.

Thanks, it worked ... I tried the second way, but i'll create an custom EnchantmentType to organize things better.
One last thing ... how i can "rename" the enchantment in the lang file, tried several things and nothing works, the enchantment keeps showing it's registry name

2 hours ago, Beethoven92 said:

Show what you tried then. It should be "enchantment.your_mod_id.your_enchantment_id"

That's what i tried:

"enchantment.bunchofthings.grass_walker": "Grass Walker",
"enchantment.grass_walker": "Grass Walker",
"bunchofthings.grass_walker": "Grass Walker",

But when in an enchantment item GUI it shows "grass_walker I", "grass_walker II" and so on. 

Oh..yeah, the problem is here:

protected GrassWalkerEnchament() {
        super(Enchantment.Rarity.VERY_RARE, EnchantmentType.ARMOR_FEET, new EquipmentSlotType[] {EquipmentSlotType.FEET});
        this.name = "grass_walker";
    }

You don't need to assign a name to your enchantment using the name field...you already registered your enchantment with your mod id and the enchantment id, thats all the game needs

• Thanks 1

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port