Custom Ore Generation help

troublemaker_47

You would need to listen to BiomeLoadingEvent (), you could register an function to it like this:

MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.addListener(EventPriority.HIGH, onBiomeLoading);

As from the javadocs of the event: "This event fires when a Biome is created from json or when a registered biome is re-created for worldgen"

With this done you would just need to "treat" the biome in the listener and add any feature (like ore generation) you need.
An exemple of listener:

public static void onBiomeLoading(final BiomeLoadingEvent event) {
    /* Check which biome are being loaded, example: if the biome is TAIGA or SWAMP */
    if (event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.TAIGA || event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.SWAMP) {
        /* Get UNDERGROUND_ORES features of the biome */
        event.getGeneration().getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES ).add(
            /* adding COAL_ORE with some configuration */
            () -> Blocks.COAL_ORE.withConfiguration(...)
        );
    }
}

As from the configuration you could look at the Vanilla default ore generation features to get what you want. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, samjviana said:

You would need to listen to BiomeLoadingEvent (), you could register an function to it like this:

MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.addListener(EventPriority.HIGH, onBiomeLoading);

As from the javadocs of the event: "This event fires when a Biome is created from json or when a registered biome is re-created for worldgen"

With this done you would just need to "treat" the biome in the listener and add any feature (like ore generation) you need.
An exemple of listener:

/* Check which biome are being loaded, example: if the biome is TAIGA or SWAMP */
    if (event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.TAIGA || event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.SWAMP) {
        /* Get UNDERGROUND_ORES features of the biome */
        event.getGeneration().getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES ).add(
            /* adding COAL_ORE with some configuration */
            () -> Blocks.COAL_ORE.withConfiguration(...)
        );
    }
}

As from the configuration you could look at the Vanilla default ore generation features to get what you want. 

I know that i can take a look at that but i dont know where to find it

5 minutes ago, troublemaker_47 said:

Btw can i substitute 

if (event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.TAIGA || event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.SWAMP)

for something that can include all the overworld biomes

It might have an better way to do this by checking the dimension of the biome, but i have to admit that i don't know how to check the dimension XD
So ... you could check if the biome is NOT NETHER or THEEND Category, something like:

if (event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.NETHER && event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.THEEND)

3 minutes ago, samjviana said:

It might have an better way to do this by checking the dimension of the biome, but i have to admit that i don't know how to check the dimension XD
So ... you could check if the biome is NOT NETHER or THEEND Category, something like:

if (event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.NETHER && event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.THEEND)

Thank You So Much. But can you tell me where can i find the vanilla default ore generation file

You can use your IDE to look the source code of Vanilla Classes ...
The classes you would like to see are net.minecraft.world.gen.feature.Feature and net.minecraft.world.gen.feature.Features.

1 hour ago, troublemaker_47 said:

Thank You So Much. But can you tell me where can i find the vanilla default ore generation file

By the way do you know how to resolve this???

Bad return type in lambda expression: Ingredient cannot be converted to ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>

@SubscribeEvent
    if (event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.NETHER && event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.THEEND) {
        OreFeatureConfig feature = new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.BASE_STONE_OVERWORLD,
                RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
        event.getGeneration().getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).add( () -> {
                Ingredient.fromItems(RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get());
                    return Ingredient.fromItems(RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get());<------- //here is the error
                }
        );
    }
}

18 hours ago, troublemaker_47 said:

By the way do you know how to resolve this???

Bad return type in lambda expression: Ingredient cannot be converted to ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>

@SubscribeEvent
    if (event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.NETHER && event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.THEEND) {
        OreFeatureConfig feature = new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.BASE_STONE_OVERWORLD,
                RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
        event.getGeneration().getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).add( () -> {
                Ingredient.fromItems(RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get());
                    return Ingredient.fromItems(RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get());<------- //here is the error
                }
        );
    }
}

The add function needs an "Supplier<ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>>" your lambda function is returning a type Ingredient you would need to return an ConfiguredFeature, like so:

event.getGeneration().getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).add(
		() -> Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(
			new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.BASE_STONE_OVERWORLD, RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get().getDefaultState(), 6)
		)
	);
}

3 minutes ago, samjviana said:

The add function needs an "Supplier<ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>>" your lambda function is returning a type Ingredient you would need to return an ConfiguredFeature, like so:

event.getGeneration().getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).add(
			new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.BASE_STONE_OVERWORLD, RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get().getDefaultState(), 6)
		)
	);
}

Thank you but do i have to declare Feature

Only of it is something specific that the default vanilla features can't solve.
For ore generation you could use Feature.ORE (default ore generation), Feature.EMERALD_ORE (which generates only in mountain biome) or Feature.No_SURFACE_ORE (ancient debris feature, an ore that has no contact with air blocks)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, samjviana said:

)
	);
}

Thank you but do i have to declare Feature