Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Custom Ore Generation help


Recommended Posts

You would need to listen to BiomeLoadingEvent (), you could register an function to it like this:

MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.addListener(EventPriority.HIGH, onBiomeLoading);

As from the javadocs of the event: "This event fires when a Biome is created from json or when a registered biome is re-created for worldgen"

With this done you would just need to "treat" the biome in the listener and add any feature (like ore generation) you need.
An exemple of listener:

public static void onBiomeLoading(final BiomeLoadingEvent event) {
    /* Check which biome are being loaded, example: if the biome is TAIGA or SWAMP */
    if (event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.TAIGA || event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.SWAMP) {
        /* Get UNDERGROUND_ORES features of the biome */
        event.getGeneration().getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES ).add(
            /* adding COAL_ORE with some configuration */
            () -> Blocks.COAL_ORE.withConfiguration(...)
        );
    }
}

As from the configuration you could look at the Vanilla default ore generation features to get what you want. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, samjviana said:

You would need to listen to BiomeLoadingEvent (), you could register an function to it like this:


MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.addListener(EventPriority.HIGH, onBiomeLoading);

As from the javadocs of the event: "This event fires when a Biome is created from json or when a registered biome is re-created for worldgen"

With this done you would just need to "treat" the biome in the listener and add any feature (like ore generation) you need.
An exemple of listener:


public static void onBiomeLoading(final BiomeLoadingEvent event) {
    /* Check which biome are being loaded, example: if the biome is TAIGA or SWAMP */
    if (event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.TAIGA || event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.SWAMP) {
        /* Get UNDERGROUND_ORES features of the biome */
        event.getGeneration().getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES ).add(
            /* adding COAL_ORE with some configuration */
            () -> Blocks.COAL_ORE.withConfiguration(...)
        );
    }
}

As from the configuration you could look at the Vanilla default ore generation features to get what you want. 

I know that i can take a look at that but i dont know where to find it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, troublemaker_47 said:

I know that i can take a look at that but i dont know where to find it

Btw can i substitute 

if (event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.TAIGA || event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.SWAMP)

for something that can include all the overworld biomes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, troublemaker_47 said:

Btw can i substitute 


if (event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.TAIGA || event.getCategory() == Biome.Category.SWAMP)

for something that can include all the overworld biomes

It might have an better way to do this by checking the dimension of the biome, but i have to admit that i don't know how to check the dimension XD
So ... you could check if the biome is NOT NETHER or THEEND Category, something like:

if (event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.NETHER && event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.THEEND)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, samjviana said:

It might have an better way to do this by checking the dimension of the biome, but i have to admit that i don't know how to check the dimension XD
So ... you could check if the biome is NOT NETHER or THEEND Category, something like:


if (event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.NETHER && event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.THEEND)

 

Thank You So Much. But can you tell me where can i find the vanilla default ore generation file

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can use your IDE to look the source code of Vanilla Classes ...
The classes you would like to see are net.minecraft.world.gen.feature.Feature and net.minecraft.world.gen.feature.Features.

1 hour ago, troublemaker_47 said:

Thank You So Much. But can you tell me where can i find the vanilla default ore generation file

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, samjviana said:

You can use your IDE to look the source code of Vanilla Classes ...
The classes you would like to see are net.minecraft.world.gen.feature.Feature and net.minecraft.world.gen.feature.Features.

 

Thank you so much i think i now hava everything i need

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

By the way do you know how to resolve this???

Bad return type in lambda expression: Ingredient cannot be converted to ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>

@SubscribeEvent
public static void onBiomeLoading(final BiomeLoadingEvent event) {
    if (event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.NETHER && event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.THEEND) {
        OreFeatureConfig feature = new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.BASE_STONE_OVERWORLD,
                RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
        event.getGeneration().getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).add( () -> {
                Ingredient.fromItems(RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get());
                    return Ingredient.fromItems(RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get());<------- //here is the error
                }
        );
    }
}
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, troublemaker_47 said:

By the way do you know how to resolve this???

Bad return type in lambda expression: Ingredient cannot be converted to ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>


@SubscribeEvent
public static void onBiomeLoading(final BiomeLoadingEvent event) {
    if (event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.NETHER && event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.THEEND) {
        OreFeatureConfig feature = new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.BASE_STONE_OVERWORLD,
                RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get().getDefaultState(), 6);
        event.getGeneration().getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).add( () -> {
                Ingredient.fromItems(RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get());
                    return Ingredient.fromItems(RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get());<------- //here is the error
                }
        );
    }
}

The add function needs an "Supplier<ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>>" your lambda function is returning a type Ingredient you would need to return an ConfiguredFeature, like so:

if (event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.NETHER && event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.THEEND) {
	event.getGeneration().getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).add(
		() -> Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(
			new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.BASE_STONE_OVERWORLD, RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get().getDefaultState(), 6)
		)
	);
}

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, samjviana said:

The add function needs an "Supplier<ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>>" your lambda function is returning a type Ingredient you would need to return an ConfiguredFeature, like so:


if (event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.NETHER && event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.THEEND) {
	event.getGeneration().getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).add(
		() -> Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(
			new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.BASE_STONE_OVERWORLD, RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get().getDefaultState(), 6)
		)
	);
}

 

Thank you but do i have to declare Feature

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only of it is something specific that the default vanilla features can't solve.
For ore generation you could use Feature.ORE (default ore generation), Feature.EMERALD_ORE (which generates only in mountain biome) or Feature.No_SURFACE_ORE (ancient debris feature, an ore that has no contact with air blocks)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, samjviana said:

The add function needs an "Supplier<ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>>" your lambda function is returning a type Ingredient you would need to return an ConfiguredFeature, like so:


if (event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.NETHER && event.getCategory() != Biome.Category.THEEND) {
	event.getGeneration().getFeatures(GenerationStage.Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).add(
		() -> Feature.ORE.withConfiguration(
			new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.BASE_STONE_OVERWORLD, RegistryHandler.MY_ORE.get().getDefaultState(), 6)
		)
	);
}

 

Thank you but do i have to declare Feature

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Posts

    • Hello. I decided to try to make a mod, but for some reason I stumbled at the very beginning. How do I register a block for it to appear in the inventory? It seems that I'm trying to do it according to the manual, but only the procedure for registering new blocks is described there. So I made a mod class. I registered the registration, but when I install it into the game, I do not see my block in the intent. And I will also be grateful if you give a link to some kind of detailed manual. So that step by step it was described how what can be created. Thanks.   @Mod("examplemod") public class ExampleMod { // Directly reference a log4j logger. private static final Logger LOGGER = LogManager.getLogger(); private static final String MODID = "0.1"; private static final DeferredRegister<Block> BLOCKS = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.BLOCKS, MODID); public static final RegistryObject<Block> MyBlock = BLOCKS.register("mysuperblockreg", () -> new SuperBlock(BlockBehaviour.Properties.of(Material.WOOD).lightLevel((s) -> { return 1; }).sound(SoundType.WOOD))); public ExampleMod() { // Register the setup method for modloading FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus().addListener(this::setup); // Register the enqueueIMC method for modloading FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus().addListener(this::enqueueIMC); // Register the processIMC method for modloading FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus().addListener(this::processIMC); BLOCKS.register(FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus()); // Register ourselves for server and other game events we are interested in MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(this); } private void setup(final FMLCommonSetupEvent event) { // some preinit code LOGGER.info("HELLO FROM PREINIT"); LOGGER.info("DIRT BLOCK >> {}", Blocks.DIRT.getRegistryName()); } private void enqueueIMC(final InterModEnqueueEvent event) { // some example code to dispatch IMC to another mod InterModComms.sendTo("examplemod", "helloworld", () -> { LOGGER.info("Hello world from the MDK"); return "Hello world"; }); } private void processIMC(final InterModProcessEvent event) { // some example code to receive and process InterModComms from other mods LOGGER.info("Got IMC {}", event.getIMCStream().map(m -> m.messageSupplier().get()).collect(Collectors.toList())); } // You can use SubscribeEvent and let the Event Bus discover methods to call @SubscribeEvent public void onServerStarting(FMLServerStartingEvent event) { // do something when the server starts LOGGER.info("HELLO from server starting"); } // You can use EventBusSubscriber to automatically subscribe events on the // contained class (this is subscribing to the MOD // Event bus for receiving Registry Events) @Mod.EventBusSubscriber(bus = Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus.MOD) public static class RegistryEvents { @SubscribeEvent public static void onBlocksRegistry(final RegistryEvent.Register<Block> blockRegistryEvent) { // register a new block here LOGGER.info("HELLO from Register Block"); } } }  
    • I'm probably really stupid but how do I fix this error. It happens whenever I try to startup Minecraft forge 1.8.9 recommended [19:13:10 ERROR]: Gave up trying to download https://maven.minecraftforge.net/jline/jline/2.13/jline-2.13.jar for job 'Version & Libraries' [19:13:10 ERROR]: Job 'Version & Libraries' finished with 1 failure(s)! (took 0:00:13.982)   How do I fix this?
    • Override attackEntityFrom and do checks there, for example DamageSource#isProjectile. Or check how Enderman does it.
    • Hey, I just started modding, and especially texturing, so I'm still new to all of this. I thought a fun thing to do would be to turn the world to glass (turn blocks such as grass and stone and ores etc..) to have the grass texture, so the world would be glass. Seemed kinda fun. So I just copy-pasted the glass texture into my pack, renamed it to stone, and ran into a problem. It is rendering the glass texture, but is not transparent. Its just grey on the inside, with the glass textures on the side. I am completely lost as of what to do. Does anyone have a solution ? thank you
  • Topics

  • Who's Online (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.