1.6 source file structure

rbdyck

Ok, I don't know where to start. I finally got MCP and Forge to installed. It's 1.6.2 now, so my mod will jump from 1.5.2 to 1.6.2. But the source folder/directory structure is completely different! Client and Server are separate. And Forge isn't even in the 'src' folder. Forge source appears to be in the 'forge' folder. Does this screw up the "Side" annotation? Where do I drop the source folders for my mods?

Help. Thanks.

I did. In couldn't figure out what was missing until I downloaded MCP separately. It had useful error messages. Then ran installation for Forge. Downloaded today. So MCP 8.04 and Forge 1.6.2 9.10.0 build 776.

It runs in Eclipse, without my mods. But rather than one project for Minecraft with multiple packages, it has separate projects for Client and Server. The source appears to be duplicated. And Forge isn't in there at all. For 1.5.2 the folders in Windows had:

src

minecraft

cpw

ibxm

net

paulscode

now for 1.6.2 the folders are:

src

minecraft

net

minecraft_server

net

Now that I look at it again, when I run in Eclipse, the Mods button is missing. The FML "hello" pop-up doesn't show. And MCP, FML, and Forge version numbers, and mod counts are missing from the menu.

Tried a few more variations. Always when I run forge/install.cmd it produces a text window with messages indicating it's working, but the files just aren't there. No 'src' folder, nothing. I can run MCP separately, but the eclipse folder has sub-folders for Client and Server. These become projects when I run Eclipse. I tried MCP 8.02 because docs/README-MCP.TXT form MCP 8.04 claimed it was 8.02 for Minecraft 1.6.1. I guess the MCP team hasn't updated that README yet. I noticed the console message when running forge/install.cmd claimed it downloaded MCP 8.03. So many versions. But nothing works. When I run decompile.bat from MCP itself, it does produce the 'src' folder. But no forge.