[Solved] [1.16.5] Get World by RegistryKey<World> Client Side

Zeher_Monkey

So I am adding in features from previous versions of my mod from previous MC versions. One of these features is to access a block that is in another dimension from the players current dimension. Previously I used:SD

DimensionManager.getWorld(int dimensionId);

This allowed both Client and Server side to access without a problem.

In 1.16.3 and forward this DimensionManager class is no longer in Forge so I now use:

ServerLifecycleHooks.getCurrentServer().getWorld(RegistryKey<World> dimension);

However this only works Server side, which is fine for my uses up till this point.

So I'm asking if there is a similar method but for the Client? Something that can retrieve the ClientWorld for a specified RegistryKey<World>?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Zeher_Monkey

Just now, diesieben07 said:

No, it did not. The client only has its current dimension. DimensionManager in older versions is a server-only concept and accessing it from the client will not work correctly (it causes threading issues in single player and will flat out not work on an actual server).

No. The client only has its current dimension loaded and there is no way to access data in other dimensions (the data is stored on the server after all). You need to send any needed data to the client using a custom packet.

Okay, I misunderstood my old code then. Or I was doing things wrong... more likely for me to be honest. Ill have to look into server -> client packets. Its for a Screen that changes Widgets/Buttons depending on the other dimensions block information.

Thanks for your help!