[1.15.2] Loading does not end when using a specific Properties

Zemelua

public class HalfTimberBlock extends Block {
	public static final EnumProperty<TimberType> TIMBER_NORTH = ExpansionModBlockStateProperties.TIMBER_TYPE_NORTH;
	public static final EnumProperty<TimberType> TIMBER_SOUTH = ExpansionModBlockStateProperties.TIMBER_TYPE_SOUTH;
	public static final EnumProperty<TimberType> TIMBER_WEST = ExpansionModBlockStateProperties.TIMBER_TYPE_WEST;
	public static final EnumProperty<TimberType> TIMBER_EAST = ExpansionModBlockStateProperties.TIMBER_TYPE_EAST;
	public static final EnumProperty<Combination3x3> CT_SHAPE_NORTH = ExpansionModBlockStateProperties.CT_SHAPE_3x3_NORTH;
	public static final EnumProperty<Combination3x3> CT_SHAPE_SOUTH = ExpansionModBlockStateProperties.CT_SHAPE_3x3_SOUTH;
	public static final EnumProperty<Combination3x3> CT_SHAPE_WEST = ExpansionModBlockStateProperties.CT_SHAPE_3x3_WEST;
	public static final EnumProperty<Combination3x3> CT_SHAPE_EAST = ExpansionModBlockStateProperties.CT_SHAPE_3x3_EAST;
	public static final EnumProperty<Combination3x3> CT_LOC_NORTH = ExpansionModBlockStateProperties.CT_LOC_3x3_NORTH;
	public static final EnumProperty<Combination3x3> CT_LOC_SOUTH = ExpansionModBlockStateProperties.CT_LOC_3x3_SOUTH;
	public static final EnumProperty<Combination3x3> CT_LOC_WEST = ExpansionModBlockStateProperties.CT_LOC_3x3_WEST;
	public static final EnumProperty<Combination3x3> CT_LOC_EAST = ExpansionModBlockStateProperties.CT_LOC_3x3_EAST;

public HalfTimberBlock(Properties properties) {
		super(properties);
		this.setDefaultState(this.stateContainer.getBaseState()
			.with(TIMBER_NORTH, TimberType.CROSS)
			.with(TIMBER_SOUTH, TimberType.NONE)
			.with(TIMBER_WEST, TimberType.LEFT)
			.with(TIMBER_EAST, TimberType.RIGHT)
			.with(CT_SHAPE_NORTH, Combination3x3.COMBINATION1x1)
			.with(CT_SHAPE_SOUTH, Combination3x3.COMBINATION1x1)
			.with(CT_SHAPE_WEST, Combination3x3.COMBINATION1x1)
			.with(CT_SHAPE_EAST, Combination3x3.COMBINATION1x1)
			.with(CT_LOC_NORTH, Combination3x3.COMBINATION1x1)
			.with(CT_LOC_SOUTH, Combination3x3.COMBINATION1x1)
			.with(CT_LOC_WEST, Combination3x3.COMBINATION1x1)
			.with(CT_LOC_EAST, Combination3x3.COMBINATION1x1)

);
	}

@Override
	public BlockState getStateForPlacement(BlockItemUseContext context) {
		int rotation = MathHelper.floor((double)(context.getPlacementYaw() * 8.0F / 360.0F) + 0.5D) & 7;
		TimberType[] rotations = new TimberType[4];
		switch (rotation % 2) {
			case 0:
				int index0 = rotation / 2;
				ExpansionMod.LOGGER.debug(rotation);
				ExpansionMod.LOGGER.debug(index0);
				rotations[index0] = TimberType.CROSS;
				index0 ++;
				if (index0 == 4) index0 = 0;
				rotations[index0] = TimberType.RIGHT;
				index0 ++;
				rotations[index0] = TimberType.NONE;
				index0 ++;
				rotations[index0] = TimberType.LEFT;
				break;
			case 1:
				int index1 = (rotation + 1) / 2;
				if (index1 == 4) index1 = 0;
				rotations[index1] = TimberType.LEFT;
				index1 ++;
				rotations[index1] = TimberType.LEFT;
				index1 ++;
				rotations[index1] = TimberType.RIGHT;
				index1 ++;
				rotations[index1] = TimberType.RIGHT;
				break;
		}

return this.getDefaultState()
			.with(TIMBER_NORTH, rotations[0])
			.with(TIMBER_SOUTH, rotations[2])
			.with(TIMBER_WEST,  rotations[3])
			.with(TIMBER_EAST,  rotations[1]);
	}

@Override
	protected void fillStateContainer(StateContainer.Builder<Block, BlockState> builder) {
		builder.add(
			TIMBER_NORTH,
			TIMBER_SOUTH,
			TIMBER_WEST,
			TIMBER_EAST,
			CT_SHAPE_NORTH,
			CT_SHAPE_SOUTH,
			CT_SHAPE_WEST,
			CT_SHAPE_EAST,
			CT_LOC_NORTH,
			CT_LOC_SOUTH,
			CT_LOC_WEST,
			CT_LOC_EAST
		);
	}
}
public enum TimberType implements IStringSerializable {
	NONE("none"),
	RIGHT("right"),
	LEFT("left"),
	CROSS("cross");

private final String shapeName;

TimberType(String shapeName) {
		this.shapeName = shapeName;
	}

@Override
	public String toString() {
		return this.getString();
	}

@Override
	public String getString() {
		return this.shapeName;
	}
}
public enum Combination3x3 implements IStringSerializable {
	COMBINATION1x1("1x1"),
	COMBINATION1x2("1x2"),
	COMBINATION1x3("1x3"),
	COMBINATION2x1("2x1"),
	COMBINATION2x2("2x2"),
	COMBINATION2x3("2x3"),
	COMBINATION3x1("3x1"),
	COMBINATION3x2("3x2"),
	COMBINATION3x3("3x3");

private final String combinationName;

Combination3x3(String combinationName) { this.combinationName = combinationName; }

@Override
	public String toString() {
		return this.getString();
	}

@Override
	public String getString() {
		return this.combinationName;
	}
}

In the above code, when I start Minecraft, it becomes "no response" in the middle of loading, and loading does not end from there.
Removing the Combination3x3 EnumProperty builder.add and setDefaultState (this.stateContainer.getBaseState (). With () works fine, but using the 8 Combination3x3 properties doesn't finish loading. What's in the error log? Was not displayed. What is happening? How can I fix it?

I can add a TileEntity, but I don't know how to get it with IBakedModel # getQuads. Looking at various vanilla codes, it seems that you can get the TileEntity if you know the coordinates, but I don't know how to get the coordinates.
Or, I want to create a Connecting Texture after all, so I can use IBakedModel # getQuads to get the top, bottom, left, and right blocks without using TileEntity. After all, it's the same as the problem with TileEntity. So how do you get the coordinates with IBakedModel # getQuads?

When the north faces of multiple blocks are connected, the shape will be a rectangle of up to 3x3, and the texture will be pasted according to the shape. At this time, since it is necessary to indicate the position of the north surface of one block in the rectangular parallelepiped, there are two types of properties, the size (CT_SHAPE_NORTH) and the position (CT_LOC_NORTH) of the rectangle to which the surface of the block belongs. there is. The same applies to the remaining three sides.

getQuads receive an IModelData parameter, which is the return value in getModelData.

getModelData has the world, blockstate, and blockpos

you can override it and return the data you need through a ModelDataMap.

I'm not sure, however, if you need to store those values in either blockstate or a tile entity. since they're only relevant to the client, and you can calculate them on getModelData (for optimization you could cache the data in the BakedModel, and have a boolean blockstate in the block which tells wether or not you need to update the cached value)

EDIT: I just realized that this topic is for 1.15, not 1.16. I'm not sure if the interfaces are the same... but I don't think they should be much different (my bad)

Edited by kiou.23

1 minute ago, Zemelua said:

Although it is not the purpose, I tried to use the mcmeta file instead of modelJSON by referring to ConnectedTexturesMod to organize the code, but even if I go back to Loader etc., it seems that I am using modelJSON only. Don't know where the code you're reading from mcmeta is ...?

https://github.com/Chisel-Team/ConnectedTexturesMod

I'm not sure I understood what you mean by this... could you elaborate?

In ConnectedTextureMod, it seems that you can change the texture by texture.png.mcmeta (similar to defining animation). If you dig deeper into the code, it looks like TextureStitchEvent.Pre is reading the metadata, but I'm not sure what's really going on.