Totem of Undying Code

NullDev

I am looking for the code that makes Totems of Undying work, because I am trying to make my own version, but the code doesn't exist within the code of the item itself, so where would I find the code for it? I only need to code for the animation it plays, I already know how to detect if an entity is holding the custom totem.

Edited by NullDev

Search the vanilla code for other references to it.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

1 hour ago, Draco18s said:

Search the vanilla code for other references to it.

I found what vanilla uses but it doesn't seem to do anything:

@SubscribeEvent
public static void playerDamage(LivingHurtEvent e) {
  if (e.getEntityLiving() instanceof ServerPlayerEntity) {
    System.out.println("I AM A SERVER PLAYER");
    ServerPlayerEntity serverplayerentity = (ServerPlayerEntity)e.getEntityLiving();
    serverplayerentity.addStat(Stats.ITEM_USED.get(RegistryHandler.TOTEM_OF_DYING.get()));
    CriteriaTriggers.USED_TOTEM.trigger(serverplayerentity, new ItemStack(RegistryHandler.TOTEM_OF_DYING.get()));
  }
}

I see "I AM A SERVER PLAYER" in the console, but no animation seems to play, and this is the only part that is in the LivingEntity class relating to the totem of undying. I don't currently have it check if the player is holding a totem, for ease of testing. The player stats for used totem of dying goes up, but no animation plays. That is the only place in the code that I can find that seems to have a connection to the totems revival. It also gives all the effects within the same function which isLivingEntity.checkTotemDeathProtection()

That code only deals with tracking the statistics.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I have no idea why you're asking on the Forge forums about how to mod with Bukkit.

You also appear to be modding for 1.12:

image.png.27af0e291462bb3c8e1d77c8066374c7.png

• 2 years later...

Hey uh.. I think I'm a bit late to the topic.

The way we would wanna do this as Draco18s mentions, is to look for a reference in the game files. Now there isn't a packet-type trigger that I found, but I got the code that @NullDev was trying out to work :D

ServerPlayer serverplayer = (ServerPlayer)player;
serverplayer.awardStat(Stats.ITEM_USED.get(Items.TOTEM_OF_UNDYING), 1);
CriteriaTriggers.USED_TOTEM.trigger(serverplayer, Items.TOTEM_OF_UNDYING.getDefaultInstance());

You basically just have to set the ItemStack in the trigger method to the default ItemStack of a Totem Of Undying.
And then you can add the other effects if you like.

CriteriaTriggers.USED_TOTEM.trigger(serverplayer, Items.TOTEM_OF_UNDYING.getDefaultInstance());

player.setHealth(1.0F);
player.removeAllEffects();
player.addEffect(new MobEffectInstance(MobEffects.REGENERATION, 900, 1));
player.addEffect(new MobEffectInstance(MobEffects.ABSORPTION, 100, 1));
player.addEffect(new MobEffectInstance(MobEffects.FIRE_RESISTANCE, 800, 0));
player.level.broadcastEntityEvent(player, (byte)35);

EDIT: Also fun fact! You CANNOT cancel or change the LivingDeathEvent in any way, so if you are trying to replace the death event by the totem trigger then I would suggest you have a check in the LivingDamageEvent...

if(player.getHealth()-event.getAmount() <= 0){
    event.setCanceled(true);

player.setHealth(1.0F);
    player.removeAllEffects();
    player.addEffect(new MobEffectInstance(MobEffects.REGENERATION, 900, 1));
    player.addEffect(new MobEffectInstance(MobEffects.ABSORPTION, 100, 1));
    player.addEffect(new MobEffectInstance(MobEffects.FIRE_RESISTANCE, 800, 0));
    player.level.broadcastEntityEvent(player, (byte)35);
}

..Like so

Hope this helps! :D

Edited by Imagine Engine