[1.6.2] [Solved] Texture isn't loading...

samhalo007

Hey guys, I followed all the tutorials on how to put textures in the blocks, every tutorial were the same... And the same thing happenned:

3yE2s.png

CobaltBlock.java Code:

package SamHaloMods;

import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.Side;

import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;

import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;

import net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.IconRegister;

public class CobaltBlock extends Block {

public CobaltBlock(int par1, Material par2Material) {

super(par1, par2Material);

}

@Override

public void registerIcons(IconRegister iconRegister) {

this.blockIcon = iconRegister.registerIcon("SamHaloMods:CobaltBlock");

}

}

The CobaltBlock.png file is in "\mcp 1.6.2\mcp\src\minecraft\assets\SamHaloMods\textures\blocks"

My Block in the main class:

public final static Block cobaltBlock = new CobaltBlock(4044, Material.ground).setHardness(4.0F).setStepSound(Block.soundStoneFootstep).setUnlocalizedName("cobaltBlock").setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabBlock);

Thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english, i'm a french canadian.

That doesn't work when you are testing, and I am unsure on how it is when you package your mod. You need to put the textures in the /minecraft/mod/[yourmod]/.... folder. (I have found that this works for me)

Please if I am wrong and there is a better way I would love to be corrected.

Im stealing this thread.. My armor textures work in eclipse, but when there reobfucated and packed into a zip, I get a "file not found" error, everything is how it should, and the thing is. It loads the actuall textures, just when it loads the armor, it loads a black box in the place of where it should show my armor.

EDIT: They load if there not in a zip, what should I do, they loaded if I put it in a folder, and then the contents of the zip into that folder.

Hit thanks on the wrong post.

Invizzble hit the nail on the head for this one.  1.6 doesn't like capital letters, which works fine in Eclipse, but not as a release (because Windows doesn't give two shits about capitalization in file names, but a zip file does).

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Ah, so I have my thing lower case t make it so textures work, but in my file, its declared as MoreMinecraft:/textures/armor/stone_1, so when without a file, it goes through with the lower case.. I get you! Ill try that out. I loved how you explained how it works too..

Ah, so I have my thing lower case t make it so textures work, but in my file, its declared as MoreMinecraft:/textures/armor/stone_1, so when without a file, it goes through with the lower case.. I get you! Ill try that out. I loved how you explained how it works too..

Uh, you should register the icons with "MoreMinecraft:stone_1"

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

but where do my stuff go then, does it still go in /textures/armor/?

Should.  I haven't done armor in any version of Minecraft, but I believe that it is on the texturepack system now.  Might also be /textures/items, you'll find out when you make the change if it can't find the texture (and will tell you where it is looking, eg. "ModName:textures/items/filename.png")

I tried it, as I assumed, it asked for it to be in the plain assets/modid directory, Ill try that later, if not, ill just wait a few days until someone finds out how or until a build fixes it,

Ah.  Well, keep doing it your way until that fix happens.  I would have thought that Mojang would have done the icon registration for armor at this point.

but its not icons.. its the rendering in third person. Didnt I explain that?

Do you have a custom renderer?

I do not, Back in 1.5.2 I just had my ItemArmor and clientproxy work together. Is this not enough anymore?

No, I meant that if you had one, then it would be responsible/at fault.