[Solved] [1.16] How do I access all registered dimensions?

xBigEllx

Hello. I'm creating a mod that needs to access all registered Vanilla and mod dimension Ids.

In 1.15, it was possible to use the following:

for (DimensionType type : DimensionType.getAll()) {}

From there, I could access each of their dimension Ids. This seems to have changed in 1.16 and I can't figure out another way to access these dimensions.

I have tried accessing the "WORLD_TYPES" Forge registry by using the following:

for (ForgeWorldType type : ForgeRegistries.WORLD_TYPES.getValues()) {}

Unfortunately, it appears that this is also not the correct way to do it as there are no values in here.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by xBigEllx

DimensionTypes are dynamic since they are now data driven. This means that the associated data can only be accessed whenever a world is loaded. You can get access to this through MinecraftServer#registryAccess which gives you an instance of DynamicRegistries. There is a convenient method there for grabbing the registry called DynamicRegistries#dimensionTypes. Registry is an instance of Iterable on the value.

• Like 1

Thank you, that's just what I needed. However, I needed to change the names of some of the methods I was calling, as it seems they were obfuscated (I think that's the correct term).

Here is the code I used to access all dimension types:

for (DimensionType type : world.getServer().func_244267_aX().func_230520_a_()) {}

Here is the code I used to access all dimension Ids:

for (ResourceLocation location : world.getServer().func_244267_aX().func_230520_a_().keySet()) {}

• xBigEllx changed the title to [Solved] [1.16] How do I access all registered dimensions?
  • 2 years later...

// Get all dimensions

MinecraftServer server = ...
Registry<DimensionType> dimensionRegistry = server.registryAccess().registryOrThrow(Registries.DIMENSION_TYPE);

for (Map.Entry<ResourceKey<DimensionType>, DimensionType> dimensionEntry : dimensionRegistry.entrySet()) {
  ResourceKey<DimensionType> dimensionKey = dimensionEntry.getKey();
  DimensionType dimension = dimensionEntry.getValue();
}

Working on 1.20.1, if someone is still interested in the latest version of Minecraft.

On 4/8/2021 at 6:03 AM, xBigEllx said:

Hello. I'm creating a mod that needs to access all registered Vanilla and mod dimension Ids.

In 1.15, it was possible to use the following:

for (DimensionType type : DimensionType.getAll()) {}

From there, I could access each of their dimension Ids. This seems to have changed in 1.16 and I can't figure out another way to access these dimensions.

I have tried accessing the "WORLD_TYPES" Forge registry by using the following:

for (ForgeWorldType type : ForgeRegistries.WORLD_TYPES.getValues()) {}

Unfortunately, it appears that this is also not the correct way to do it as there are no values in here.

Any help is appreciated.

In Minecraft 1.16+, use `DimensionManager` to access dimension IDs. Iterate through registered dimensions with `DimensionManager.getRegistry().keySet()`, enabling access to both vanilla and mod-added dimensions.

Edit: All good?

Edited by NinaKunze