ore generation in 1.16.5, having problems with .withConfiguration and .configure

ianm1647

public class OreGeneration {

public static final Feature<OreFeatureConfig> KUNZITE_ORE = new OreFeature(OreFeatureConfig.CODEC);

public static final ConfiguredFeature <?,?> KUNZITE_FEATURE = new ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>((KUNZITE_ORE).withConfiguration(new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.NATURAL_STONE, 
			BlockInit.KUNZITE_ORE.get().defaultBlockState(), 6)).range(20).square().func_242731_b(20));

public static void generateOre(final BiomeLoadingEvent event) {
		if (event.getCategory() == Category.SAVANNA) {
			event.getGeneration().getFeatures(Decoration.UNDERGROUND_ORES).add(() -> KUNZITE_FEATURE);

}
	}
}

I have used multiple ways of incorporating ore generation into the game and they all seem to require ".withConfiguration"

this one doesnt require ".configure" though but most others do, and I have no idea why there is an error. theres usually a replacement solution but i cant seem to figure anything out

let me know if im missing anything

also this code heavily inspired by Beethoven92's better end generation, but i've tried many different simple ways of generating

57 minutes ago, ianm1647 said:

and I have no idea why there is an error.

It'd be useful if  you could've told the error

public static final ConfiguredFeature <?,?> KUNZITE_FEATURE = new ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>((KUNZITE_ORE).withConfiguration(new OreFeatureConfig(OreFeatureConfig.FillerBlockType.NATURAL_STONE, BlockInit.KUNZITE_ORE.get().defaultBlockState(), 6)).range(20).square().func_242731_b(20));

this should throw an error as you call RegistryObject#get before the objects have been registered (i.e.: in static initialization). I'd instantiate the ore features in the common setup event

Edited by kiou.23