Anyone know how to make an inventory tank? [UNSOLVED]

TheEpicTekkit

Okay, so I would like to add a liquid tank to an inventory, and after doing some research, I have discovered the IFluidTank, IFluidHandler, and IFluidContainerItem. Now, I have no idea how to use them, I only know that they are used in inventory tanks, and couldnt find any tutorials on them, so, anyone here know how to use these interfaces? or can anyone direct me to a tutorial that explains the methods these add?

Thanks in advance.

I ask complicated questions, and apparently like to write really long detailed posts. But I also help others when I can.

Take a look at the forge-provided 'TileFluidHandler', it is a reference-implementation.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Thanks.

But this only really explains what the methods do, which in most of them is pretty self explanatory, I need to know how to properly fill out all the methods. for example: with a gui that stores items, the decrStackSize is pretty self explanatory as to what it does, but not to how to fill it out. After watching tutorials on inventories and guis, I have learnt how to fill it out:

public ItemStack decrStackSize(int i, int j) {

if (this.slots[i] != null) {
		ItemStack itemStack;
		if (this.slots[i].stackSize <= j) {
			itemStack = this.slots[i];
			this.slots[i] = null;
			return itemStack;
		} else {
			itemStack = this.slots[i].splitStack(j);

if (this.slots [i].stackSize == 0) {
				this.slots[i] = null;
			}
		}
		return itemStack;
	}
	return null;
}

Also, I am kind of new to java and modding... I know that I shouldnt, but I have jumped right to the advanced stuff, like multiblock structures (done successfully), custom wind turbine that can make power but only if there is an item inside the inventory, and the item takes damage over time, and more damage depending on how high the turbine is in the world. (done successfully) and custom machines that can run on the power the turbine makes (almoast done).

But these are things that I can find tutorials for, I cant find any tutorials on inventories that can store liquids, and even use liquids in a recipe.

I ask complicated questions, and apparently like to write really long detailed posts. But I also help others when I can.

The methods you need to implement by IFluidHandler are basicly wrapper methods for the IFluidTank class. You can just use the provided FluidTank class, which is already filled out, so you don't need to do that. As you can see in the TileFluidHandler class, most of the methods just call tank.aMethod(params), and more you don't need to know. If you really want to know how to fill these methods in, you need to study it yourself.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

You could, but that makes it so it only has a FluidTank which can store a bucket full of liquid. Your best bet is to copy it, rather then extending it, so you can make the tank bigger, and you can customize it further.

You only need to implements those if you want to create your own version of FluidTank, but else you can just use the already made FluidTank.

Okay, how do I add multiple tanks to my tileeinity? I am stuck on:

@Override
    public int fill(ForgeDirection from, FluidStack resource, boolean doFill)
    {
    	return tankInput.fill(resource, doFill);
    }

How can I make this do this for all 6 tanks in the inventory?

These are my 6 tanks:

public FluidTank tankInput;
public FluidTank tankOutput1;
public FluidTank tankOutput2;
public FluidTank tankOutput3;
public FluidTank tankOutput4;
public FluidTank tankBiproduct;

public TileEntityDistillationChamberFrame() {
                tankInput = new FluidTank(FluidContainerRegistry.BUCKET_VOLUME * 48);
	tankOutput1 = new FluidTank(FluidContainerRegistry.BUCKET_VOLUME * 12);
	tankOutput2 = new FluidTank(FluidContainerRegistry.BUCKET_VOLUME * 12);
	tankOutput3 = new FluidTank(FluidContainerRegistry.BUCKET_VOLUME * 12);
	tankOutput4 = new FluidTank(FluidContainerRegistry.BUCKET_VOLUME * 12);
	tankBiproduct = new FluidTank(FluidContainerRegistry.BUCKET_VOLUME * 16);
        }

You can't have multiple return statements. You need to take a tank based on the direction given.

Also, how do I get it to draw the fluid in the tank in the gui class? Im sure that it isnt like the furnace for example where you have things you want to draw on the gui in the texture file, like the progress bar, or the burn tile bar. Would there be a way to get the liquids texture file and draw from that?

Drawing the fluids is the difficult part. Here's some code that you can use (don'tcopy/paste, you won't learn from it then):

In the drawGuiContainerBackgroundLayer method:

FluidStack fluid = tileentity.getTankInfo(null)[0].fluid;
        if (fluid != null)
        {
            TextureManager manager = Minecraft.getMinecraft().renderEngine;
            manager.bindTexture(manager.getResourceLocation(0));
            int fluidAmount = (int) (((float) fluid.amount / tileentity.tank.getCapacity()) * 60);
            drawFluid(guiLeft + xSize - 24, guiTop + 8 + 60 - fluidAmount, fluid.getFluid().getIcon(fluid), 16, fluidAmount);
        }

the drawFluid method:

private void drawFluid(int x, int y, IIcon icon, int width, int height)
    {
        int i = 0;
        int j = 0;

int drawHeight = 0;
        int drawWidth = 0;

for (i = 0; i < width; i += 16)
        {
            for (j = 0; j < height; j += 16)
            {
                drawWidth = Math.min(width - i, 16);
                drawHeight = Math.min(height - j, 16);
                drawScaledTexturedModelRectFromIcon(x + i, y + j, icon, drawWidth, drawHeight);
            }
        }
    }

and the drawScaledTexturedModelRectFromIcon method:

private void drawScaledTexturedModelRectFromIcon(int x, int y, IIcon icon, int width, int height)
    {
        if (icon == null)
        {
            return;
        }
        double minU = icon.getMinU();
        double maxU = icon.getMaxU();
        double minV = icon.getMinV();
        double maxV = icon.getMaxV();

Tessellator tessellator = Tessellator.instance;
        tessellator.startDrawingQuads();
        tessellator.addVertexWithUV(x + 0, y + height, this.zLevel, minU, minV + (maxV - minV) * height / 16.0D);
        tessellator.addVertexWithUV(x + width, y + height, this.zLevel, minU + (maxU - minU) * width / 16.0D, minV + (maxV - minV) * height / 16.0D);
        tessellator.addVertexWithUV(x + width, y + 0, this.zLevel, minU + (maxU - minU) * width / 16.0D, minV);
        tessellator.addVertexWithUV(x + 0, y + 0, this.zLevel, minU, minV);
        tessellator.draw();
    }

Ad this will draw any fluid with a texture reguardless of what mod it is from?

Also...

You can't have multiple return statements. You need to take a tank based on the direction given.

I dont understand, how would I do this? what do you mean by direction? do you mean what side of the block the fluid comes from? if so, this is a multiblock structure storing the fluids.... how would this work?

Yes it will. And yes, by direction i mean the ForgeDirection passed, which is the side the block is that inputs the fluid into the tank. If it's a multiblock structure, you can just get the tank from the master, and call the methods in the master TileEntity.

Also, I want one tank to be the input, and 5 tanks to be the output. How would I make a recipe with liquids so that if the right liquid is in the input tank, it will fill the 5 other tanks with a certain amount of a different liquid?

Also... (sorry for all the questions xD )

How do I make it so that when I mouse over a tank it displays the fluid name, and how much is stored out of how much can be stored. I know there is the onMouseOver method for slots, but the tanks aren't slots, so that method wont work for them.

Also... (again...)

I dont understand why this is happening....

94k4ss0.png

The gui is half the size it needs to be....

The gui texture file is 512x512 (twice the size if the default 256x256 gui) but I dont see why that would be a problem, because I am telling it to draw from the top left (X: 0, Y:0) to x: 276, Y: 183 the size of the actual gui texture. Am I not able to have gui's larger than 256x256?

Also... Sory but I need a response fast because I need to go very soon....

Somewhere in your gui code, you are using GL11.glScalef(). That messes stuff up.

I havn't got any gl11 code in my gui class... Here it is:

package net.theepictekkit.generator.client.gui;

import net.minecraft.client.Minecraft;
import net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.InventoryPlayer;
import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation;
import net.theepictekkit.generator.Reference;
import net.theepictekkit.generator.common.container.ContainerDistillationChamber;
import net.theepictekkit.generator.common.tileentity.TileEntityDistillationChamberFrame;

public class GuiDistillationChamber extends GuiContainer {

private TileEntityDistillationChamberFrame tileEntityDistillationChamberFrame;

private final String modid = Reference.MODID;
private final ResourceLocation texture = new ResourceLocation (modid + ":" + "textures/gui/guiDistillationChamber.png");

public GuiDistillationChamber(InventoryPlayer invPlayer, TileEntityDistillationChamberFrame tileEntityDistillationChamberFrame) {
	super(new ContainerDistillationChamber(invPlayer, tileEntityDistillationChamberFrame));

this.tileEntityDistillationChamberFrame = tileEntityDistillationChamberFrame;

this.xSize = 276;
	this.ySize = 183;
}

@Override
protected void drawGuiContainerForegroundLayer(int x, int y) {

fontRendererObj.drawString("Distillation Chamber", 8, 4, 0, false);
	fontRendererObj.drawString("Inventory", 8, 72, 0, false);

}

@Override
protected void drawGuiContainerBackgroundLayer(float par1, int par2, int par3) {
	Minecraft.getMinecraft().getTextureManager().bindTexture(texture);
	drawTexturedModalRect(guiLeft, guiTop, 0, 0, xSize, ySize);
}
}

though come to think of it, would I be able to use gl11 to double the size if the gui?

The drawTexturedModalRect only accepts textures of which is the full size 256x256. You need to make your own method (copy the vanilla method) and change f and f1 to 1/imageSize (in your case 512), and call that method.

Actually, I am trying halfing the x any y size in the code, this way, it will act like it is a 256x texture. The same way a texturepack can increase the resolution of blocks.

Also... (sorry for all the questions xD )

How do I make it so that when I mouse over a tank it displays the fluid name, and how much is stored out of how much can be stored. I know there is the onMouseOver method for slots, but the tanks aren't slots, so that method wont work for them.