[36.1.0] Gradle build failing

Daedalus4096

I just today tried to rebuild my project on a laptop that I haven't used in a couple of years.  After downloading HEAD, along with the up-to-date MDK, and trying to run gradlew eclipse, the gradle process failed citing "Could not resolve: net.minecraftforge:forge:1.16.5-36.1.0_mapped_snapshot_20210309-1.16.5_at_bafb3e1b42c31582fafe93878f76a7fc577e66fb" and an exception with a stacktrace longer than my terminal buffer.  I've tried deleting the source folder and re-cloning, as well as deleting my entire %APPDATA%\.gradle folder, but to no avail.  Google searching hasn't yielded much, at least for current versions of Forge.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could be missing?  Thank you.

I think I've found the cause of the problem.  A recently updated Java installation installed just the JRE instead of the JDK, and was causing gradle to be unable to find tools.jar.  Installing the updated version of the JDK seems to have fixed the problem.  Thank you, and I apologize for wasting your time.