My forge server client doesn't start

Dragfos

I installed my server from forge installer it has no mods in it and also yes I agreed to EULA it worked just fine yesterday but now whenever I try to open forge-1.16.5-366.1.0.jar it immediately closes I wouldn't even know it opened if I didn't looked at task manager it only opens for 1-2 seconds then closes immediately I don't have the same problem from minecraft_server.1.16.5.jar it opens without any problem I looked at the logs but it doesn't have anything useful as far as I know. I created several servers using forge installer all of them have the same problem how can I solve this?

debug.log

[09May2021 15:26:25.098] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.1.0, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge]
[09May2021 15:26:25.110] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.0.9+86+master.3cf110c starting: java version 16.0.1 by Oracle Corporation
[09May2021 15:26:25.141] [main/DEBUG] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler/MODLAUNCHER]: Found launch services [minecraft,testharness,fmlclient,fmlserver]

latest.log

[09May2021 15:26:25.098] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.1.0, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge]
[09May2021 15:26:25.110] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.0.9+86+master.3cf110c starting: java version 16.0.1 by Oracle Corporation

2021-05-09 15:45:09,334 main WARN Advanced terminal features are not available in this environment
[15:45:09] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.1.16, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, nogui]
[15:45:09] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.0.9+86+master.3cf110c starting: java version 16.0.1 by Oracle Corporation
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler (in unnamed module @0x4ae3c1cd) cannot access class sun.security.util.ManifestEntryVerifier (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export sun.security.util to unnamed module @0x4ae3c1cd
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.lambda$static$1(SecureJarHandler.java:41)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.LamdbaExceptionUtils.uncheck(LamdbaExceptionUtils.java:95)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.<clinit>(SecureJarHandler.java:41)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.lambda$new$6(Launcher.java:55)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.computeIfAbsent(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1708)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:52)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:47)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Environment.computePropertyIfAbsent(Environment.java:62)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.<init>(Launcher.java:55)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:66)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.runLauncher(ServerMain.java:63)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.access$100(ServerMain.java:60)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain.main(ServerMain.java:57)

4 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Use the full path to the java executable when starting the jar.

I am sorry but I really don't know how to do that I am new to this stuff. Can you write in more detail please?

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

Please clarify how you did this exactly.

I myself don't know how to write the necessary code to start forgeserver with command line so I copied from a tutorial on youtube

the code is

java -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar forgeserver.jar nogui
PAUSE

on a run.bat file

39 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

This tells the operating system to look at the PATH environment variable for anywhere to find the java executable. You can instead specify the full path to it to specify the Java version you wish to run directly.

thank you it took me 30 minutes to figure out how to do that but in the end I did it :D thank you it worked and plus I learned how to use java application by .bat file :)  for anyone curious about it just change java to "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.10\bin\java" 

• 2 years later...