Jump to content

Simple Particle Bug W/ Forge 1.17.1 (No logs needed)


SpookiSpoopi

Recommended Posts

I'm still new to forum posting, but I've noticed with campfires on 1.17.1, they would glitch out and be seen through everything, though I'm not sure if this will apply to any other particle effects, and all I know is that it doesn't happen in the base game, only in forge 1.17.1!


Edit: For clarification, it's the smoke effect from the campfire!


Again I'm sorry if this breaks rules, but I just wanted to let ya know since it made some impacts on game performance too for rendering! 🥰

Edited by SpookiSpoopi
(Clarification)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I added another 2 debug log from yesterday since I also noticed it then!

Also here's the link to the video! (Thanks for the advice btw!)

https://streamable.com/9yc7e3

Edit: I'm thinking it's something to do with the constant particle generation maybe?

debug-2.log.gz debug-3.log.gz debug-1.log.gz debug-4.log.gz

Edited by SpookiSpoopi
Opinion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements



  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Posts

    • Another Minecraft Launcher https://multimc.org/#Download or https://atlauncher.com/downloads
    • Remove these mods and combine OptiFine HD U I6 with Forge 47.2.18 Start with Optifine - without any other mods - if this works, add the mods one by one or in groups until you find the mod, conflicting with Optifine
    • Ok yeah I think this might be where the problem starts. For starters, I think you can get rid of your RecipeType impl and make it a static constant instead. I'm not 100% sure this will fix it but it's posssible. RuneInscribingRecipe public class RuneInscribingRecipe implements Recipe<SimpleContainer> { public static final RecipeType<RuneInscribingRecipe> RECIPE_TYPE = new RecipeType<>(){}; // .... @Override public RecipeType<?> getType() { return RECIPE_TYPE; } // .... } RuneInscriberMenu private Optional<RecipeHolder<RuneInscribingRecipe>> getCurrentRecipe() { SimpleContainer inventory = new SimpleContainer(2); inventory.setItem(BASE_INPUT_SLOT, this.inventory.getStackInSlot(BASE_INPUT_SLOT)); inventory.setItem(TEMPLATE_INPUT_SLOT, this.inventory.getStackInSlot(TEMPLATE_INPUT_SLOT)); List<RecipeHolder<RuneInscribingRecipe>> list = this.blockEntity.getLevel().getRecipeManager().getRecipesFor(RuneInscribingRecipe.RECIPE_TYPE, inventory, this.blockEntity.getLevel()); if (list.isEmpty()) { return Optional.empty(); } return Optional.of(list.get(0)); }   Also, this here is a little suspicious where you're getting the `this.inventory.getStackInSlot` calls. I'd try and make sure those are what you expect they are with either a Debug line in IDE or print statement SimpleContainer inventory = new SimpleContainer(2); inventory.setItem(BASE_INPUT_SLOT, this.inventory.getStackInSlot(BASE_INPUT_SLOT)); System.out.printf("CHECKING BASE INPUT OF RECIPE: %s\n", this.inventory.getStackInSlot(BASE_INPUT_SLOT)); inventory.setItem(TEMPLATE_INPUT_SLOT, this.inventory.getStackInSlot(TEMPLATE_INPUT_SLOT)); System.out.printf("CHECKING TEMPLATE INPUT OF RECIPE: %s\n", this.inventory.getStackInSlot(TEMPLATE_INPUT_SLOT)); ^ See what the result of those print statements are, make sure they're right
    • Upon testing again after adding them, the game still doesn't crash however the resource packs are still unfortunately broken.
    • Hi! Can someone please point me to the correct FAQ or place? I'm not able do DuckDuckGo myself out of this one. As you can hopefully see, chunks are not rendered. I run a forge server, fresh install on a linux VM. Curseforge on the Win11 client with Embeddium, Oculus and Unbound shader. No mods. Forge 47.2.23 on server & client.  No errors, no crashes, no apparent CPU or RAM issues with the VM. This screenshot was captured while creative, but the same happens when flying in survival. Waiting (floating) for a few minutes sooner or (often) later, lets the missing chunks appear. Usually takes 5-10 minutes.  When on a local game, the chunks appear slowly, but they do appear without pause.   This must be something simple, obvious, but I can't find the correct "search words" to find my way out. "Chunks not loading / rendering" didn't help. Browsing several forums neither. 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.