[1.16.4]Items don't appear in alphabetical order in custom menu

Cratthorax

Good morning,

as by title, I made sure all objects and related content(textures, database files, registry etc.) are sorted alphabetically, yet they randomly do not appear in the menu like that. I would use terminology like this, to make sure I would also get a sorting by item type:

...gravelantimony, gravelcopper, gravelgold...gravelroastedantimony, gravelroastedcopper, gravelroastediron...ingotantimony, ingotbronze, ingotcopper...etc. etc. etc.

This is how it looks in the menu, obviously not sorted the way I'd like to see it. The gravels are mixed with some of the ingots, and some of the blocks should be sorted into ores/rocks etc.:

sorting.jpg

The fill method in ItemGroup.class has deprecated content:

/**
    * Fills {@code items} with all items that are in this group.
    */
   @OnlyIn(Dist.CLIENT)
   public void fill(NonNullList<ItemStack> items) {
      for(Item item : Registry.ITEM) { //.ITEM is deprecated
         item.fillItemGroup(this, items);
      }
	   }

Any relation?

Edited by Cratthorax

18 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

You can override the fill method in your item group and sort the list if you want to have it sorted regardless of mods being added or removed from the world.

Yeah, thanks for the help. Googling I found traces of custom item groups. But again, I would always search for methods with very low scope to prevent code bloat. I'd end up most of the time developing something myself, which usually takes ages. As stated before in another thread, it's quite hard to cover all the cross references specially if you're working with a huge project.

Just a couple of links to give the thread purpose, if anyone shows up here googling for the same problem. They didn't conveniently fixed the issue I was having, which turned out to be a non issue.

Edited by Cratthorax